1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/19/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBATV guys:

League or fatigue catching up?

Fox: A little both. Style of play hard to maintain for 82 games. Teams are controlling tempo. Tempo favored Minnesota tonight.

Scott: No inside play. Every now and then gotta throw it inside and get an easy shot when shots from the perimeter aren't going down.

Harden 28-98(!) in his last five games.

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Damn I missed the game. Wtf hapoenend.

3. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Cannot agree more!

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All I ihave to say is...it's time to mix things up and take some risks. Pull the trigger on a deal.

5. brick

brick Member

Can't agree more. The coaches are still experimenting their "new system" which slowly takes away the fundamental instincts from the players. And worse, the "new system" has quickly become a liability to the team as in last season.

6. PointGuardRocks

I just cant understand why cant they just let join play point and james play SG
    It is obvious that james is not a point guard and has high TO.
    In my opinion, Mchale just want to show everyone that he was right cutting jlin last december.
    To be fair with lin parson and omer, harden should be benched. he is shooting 25%, past 3games.
    bottom line, mchale has no clue. no pick and roll, no screen, etc, how is this possible when this the bread and butter of your pg.

7. TTNN

TTNN Member

I'm glad TD actually is talk it out. Much better than Lin who did not say anything.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/01/rockets-report-douglas-has-no-explanation-for-decline-in-minutes/#more-13284

8. Luca

Luca Member

Good that TD raises the question. I can't understand the spark thing with Beverly over TD. Yes he brings some sparks as well as dumb fouls and he gets to play over TD since the last few games. Yet, ou PF play like garbage the coach did not want to play Dmo & TJones.

9. steady

steady Member

I agree with this.

Wolves showed tonight how well a gamble like that -- being forced to play totally unknown quantities -- can pay off.

TJones has been scoring over 20 easily in past few games with Vipers and rebounding well too. They need to get him up here And also give DMo, and Anderson a chance.

This is the luxury of a rebuilding year - being able to take some chances, and figure out things -- the Rockets should be taking advantage of it.

10. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It's the same reason why Lin was benched against Portland in OT. "I think Douglas was a better defender" according to Sampson. Now they're trying to replace TD w/ PB and it's just not working.

11. carayip

carayip Member

Morey and McHale's Moneyball theory did not work for this game.

We shot 32% while the T-Wolves shot 43% but we shot twice as many 3s at 25% to their 21%. The other stats are similar with us getting more offensive rebounds and them committing less turnovers. So in theory since 33% of 3s = 50% of 2s, our shooting % actually worked out similar, we should have won or at least it's a close game, right? But no.

Maybe Moneyball told us we should have shot even more 3s in order to win, that explained why McHale put Parsons as the center in the end to have 5 3 point shooters in the lineup lol.

1 person likes this.
  12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If he is, it's because he just got good news about his ill wife.

13. Penetrate&Creat

Harden is gonna boot McFail out of Houston. I can see it.

14. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Trade McHale...

For Jordan.

15. w00t

w00t Member

LOL just wake up . Oh Rockets, must be nice to have a HOF coach :rolleyes: :grin:

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

What did I say? Asik is our only reliable big on defense. I told you all if Asik plays like crap this team can have a 180 degree turn around.

Why?

Because our PFs are having fun playing SG and SF instead of playing the actual position they are in. It's no coincidence that when Asik goes down, our defense becomes non-existent.

I think it's time to give some good minutes to DMo. No matter how bad he is in D(which is unknown at the moment), he can't be any worst than our PF's rebounds and D at the moment.

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Good call?

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

McHale seems clueless in his post game statements, how can a great basketball player like Kevin not know or at least appear to be stupid as nails when he talks about basketball as a coach??? :confused:

19. raised

raised Member

seems like mchale's only motivational technique is the bench. it stops working after awhile...

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Morey could have drafted this guy, but he drafted the great Patrick Patterson instead:

[​IMG]