1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/11/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Outscored us by about 30 in the paint as I recall.
    Could have really used Capela to protect the rim and rebound.
    Both of those guys are missed for sure

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ouch. Well, the winning streak couldn't continue forever. We really missed Gordon and Capela last night. Gordon, because he really greases MDA's offense, off the bench or playing with Harden. Nene has gotten a bit slow and doesn't have the hops he once had, and Harrell is simply not a big 5, although he's developing very well. I hope Clint comes back soon.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yup... unfortunately, he and his agent had no intentions of playing here and declined multiple multi-million dollar offers to play for peanuts.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I blame this loss on Morey and D'Antoni. We were going to lose eventually, but for weeks we have been calling for an average space occupying big man. Morey is rarely proactive until there is a deadline or if we go on a losing streak. In response to our coach, nothing like refusing to play other players such as Mc Daniel's or Wiltjer, even if we lose bring in players with energy. Man, Corey Brewer was out of control and wild looking. Nothing like stubbornness, ignorance, and pride to accompany an off night.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hope most players know they don't have to keep their agent and can move on to a better one. DMo moves extremely well for his size. He would be doing a Karl Towns Hall routine by being tall and setting picks and doing pick and rolls for easy mid range shots or hooks. With these factors in mind those $2-3 million incentives were a no brainer to match. Tall people that can move and operate near that level are worth over $10 million a year anyways. Partly Morey's fault.......

#745 Liberon, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets struggle against athletic teams that play physically in paint. Teams like Minny were tough to beat even when we were at full strength. Need to add another long rim protecting athletic big and lockdown perimeter defender. Both need to be able to run and finish.

Would love Nerlens Noel and Aaron Gordon but would settle for Larry Sanders and Lance Stephenson right now. Adding another scorer like Jimmer Fredette (for when Splash is nicked up) would be ideal as well.

Remlap likes this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's fine to lose as long as you bounce back, especially after nine straight wins. Even Cleveland lost to a sub .500 Portland team yesterday. Hopefully, we don't go on a streak the other way.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

DMO moves well for his size - yes, but you're not seriously comparing DMO to KAT are you? They're in completely different leagues - one is a 20-10 guy for his career, the other is a roll player at best.

Maybe he'd be better than what we've seen under MDA, but i guess we'll never know.

I'm perfectly fine with how things turned out. Business 101 - if market value is $1, you dont pay $10 for it.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I know. I just wish he was back on our bench, and available.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm with you on most of these names. But Sanders and Stephenson?
    Sanders said he retired because basketball was 'taking too much of his time'. LOL
    And Stephenson is a total headcase. PASS
    Would LOVE to pick up Fredette for cheap. I think he'd thrive in our system.
    Especially as a 3rd scorer/playmaker behind Gordon & Beard

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

DMo got injured for a long time and that hurt his stock. He seems to have put on a few healthy 2015 DMo performances as a Pelican. He can't finish at the rim like Towns but he can definitely set picks, make a jump shot, create from the post, and grab the occasional rebound. He's still an excellent positional defender because he can move for 7fter. That alone is worth $10million but even at the qualifying offer plus $3million in incentives that is still a hell of a bargain for what DMo brought to the table barring a recurring back injury.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The thing Eric Gordon does better than the rest of the team
    Is when his shot fails [like 3 misses in a row] . . he drives to the basket for a while
    then tries again

Last nite Ryan got hesitant
    Corey needs to never try to dribble again . . . his handles are ridiculously weak

Rocket River