1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I hope we don’t play the thunder in the playoffs. I can see one of our guys getting hurt, you see the bad blood already lol not saying our guys aren’t tuff but we have bad luck. The way tucker was on the floor last game worried me.

jcmoon and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I still cannot believe the sequence of events last night.

I couldn't sleep. I rage ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at 2AM.

Handles, fryjol7, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Let’s just get the ****ing playoffs started already. We weren’t going to have HC vs Warriors and weren’t going to have it vs Nuggets either.

Just rotating the rounds in which we play them.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Ahhhh, yes. We can always count on some positive vibes from PKX.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Peanut aficionado here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Phenomenal choke job by the Rockets. Just exquisite. The extra stakes of getting the #2 seed if we win may have made this the greatest choke of the season, although it has a ton of competition. The early season Rockets would be proud.

That being said, the #2 seed was lost in November and December. Tonight should have been a game where we rest our starters. Those games ended up biting us in the ass despite our ridiculous finish to the season.

This team is not disciplined enough to beat the Warriors unless we get some good luck with injuries (which we are long overdue for). Utah will be tough as well.

This game was a fitting end to the year and encapsulated the season perfectly.

DonnyMost, Deuce, fryjol7 and 4 others like this.
  7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I don't think we played a bad game. Thunder hit some big shots at the end. They're a tough matchup for us with their defensive agility and length. We actually played them tougher on the boards (though not quite well enough, obviously) than in previous encounters.

Give us a Gordon 3, we win. Take away a couple of Green 3's, we lose. Take a way the insane running Westbrook 3, we win again. It's a highly competitive league.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Went to bed late, slept, woke up....STILL ****ING MAD AS HELL.

DD

DonnyMost, fryjol7, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

How do we keep losing to them?!? Westbrook can't shoot....nobody really can on their squad, except George.....and he has a busted shoulder! I just can't with this team....

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Nene has been a - on the court for nearly the entire season.

BigShasta and PeterKingX like this.
  11. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

We have not lost many consecutive games since Dec 9th. Sure we have lost quite a few that we should have won. But once we lose a game we come back harder in the next. It's going to be 7 games series from here on...Keep up the positivity, folks.

Remlap likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

i'm still feeling sick after a short sad sleep...

PeterKingX likes this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

But Harden looks like he doesnt give a shiit.

macan likes this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I don't usually watch the late games, but decided to watch last night.

Rockets were up double digits near the end of the third quarter when I fell asleep in my recliner.

I woke up to Paul George giving the post game interview.

WTF

1Deep and BigShasta like this.
  15. vick

vick Member

At about 11pm last night, the Rockets, and my dog Spot took a sh#t on the floor.

16. mastan

mastan Member

Nene was +3 last night... check the Box Score. Actually more often than not he is +...

17. mastan

mastan Member

How can one expect to win with 42-56 rebounding disadvantage?

18. macan

macan Member

thank you Magic Johnson. bspn is all over his quitting. no time to cover our loss last night.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Super tough loss but there were few things that stood out to me here that make me not necessarily scared of OKC in the playoffs - worried yes they can be a tougher out than the Clippers or Spurs but scared no.

1) House, Tucker, Nene, Rivers and Gordon combined to shoot 5/26 thats 19% I do not expect all those guys to shoot that poorly combined on a consistent basis. Sure Green may not shoot 5-9 but Green shooting well is still a concern because his shot selection is so horrible and he often shoots Rockets out of games than anything else

2) Rotation with Jeff B - why Shump and Faried didn't play last night is a mystery to me. Shump can't shoot of course but plays defense and could have helped with Westbrook and George. Faried's energy and rebounding was desperately needed against a team that dominates the Rockets against the glass

3) Gordon lost the game for us in the 4th. I don't mean from the open 3s he missed - he should take those. But I remember these specific plays in the 4th:

1) missing a layup
    2) driving to the hoop casually with just one hand on the ball to get his shot blocked by noel. If he took it stronger with two hands he could have gotten a foul call or at a minimum made the easy pass to drop it off to Capela for a dunk
    3) Turned the ball over on a horrible 2 on 1 fast break where he was the one. He should have pulled it out for at least a solid possesion
    4) Turned the ball over on a horrible pass behind Capela as Capela rolled.
    5) completely missed Tucker wide open under the basket because he was too focused on getting the ball to Harden on that final possession and called time out instead.

lilbird20, whiskeyred and mastan like this.
  20. mastan

mastan Member

I want to see CP3, Harden, Tucker/House, Fareid, Capela as our starting five.... however our coaches like liliput lineup. Gordon the bench player is better than Gordon the starter.