1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/24/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL wut?

2. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Not to be negative, but we are playing the Thunder, not the Nets.:(

3. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

lin needs to play better . bev did nothing against westbrook( did most of his scoring against Jackson)

4. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Nets vs Bulls game 2 results = rockets game 2 win? O__ o That's an insanely stupid comparison. Totally different scenarios.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Bev's defense was outstanding.

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

He is not on the scouting report.

Derek Fisher already said that they will study about Bev for the next game.

7. verysimplejason

I'm expecting another loss but better game overall for the Rockets. I'm afraid we'll be able to keep it close but I'm expecting a sweep from OKC. I want to expect more but unless McHale introduces better plays, OKC will have a lot of fun burying us with their excellent interior defense and accurate offense.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

I just moved to OKC last month. A girl at work won tickets that our office always gives away to the Thunder games and she realized she couldn't go.

So she gave me the tickets and I'm going to be there! I'm so pumped right now. This will be my first ever time going to a playoff game and I can't believe that it will be against my favorite team the Rockets. Seriously, I love my job!

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Grats and welcome to OKC. :grin:

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If rockets win this game that will show that this team is a really mature group for their age team wise. The biggest thing to me right now for this team is their confidence too many players played without it in game one.

11. jocar

jocar Member

Trap game. Harden and Parsons goes off for 40 each

[​IMG]

12. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Not true - watch the replay. Harden had a turnover leading to a basket. Lin had 2 turnovers leading to baskets. Beverley had an air ball leading to a basket.

I agree Beverley played well and Lin played terrible but why do you guys always exagerrate everything bad he does?

Besides McHales ISO offense is the reason we got routed.

13. jocar

jocar Member

Side note: loooool

A Game Thread got 2 stars for the first time..... b/c we have to play OKC again?

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's more difficult for me to watch our coaching staff during the game than our team struggling.

McHale constantly is pushing his hair back in frustration, when he is the jackass that came up with the rotations and/or "play."

Make a change to something that's not working...As a coach, you don't keep going with plays that lead to turnovers or low-percentage shots. You should have a variety of offensive/defensive plays. I have never understood the inability for adjustments this year. The majority of coaches in the league understand how to switch things up to find an alternative look for their team on offense...why is it so hard for ours? JC, don't keep putting Delfino on Bigs that dominate him. Put a different Big Body in there....TRob may have added some energy instead of Greg Smith. Something, McHale, do SOMETHING. Your confusion is not an excuse for the result.

At the end of the season, I hope he takes a good look in the mirror and takes a great deal of responsibility for some of the crap he's pulled over the year. Yes, we made the playoffs, but his deficit in coaching shouldn't be overlooked.

Jeremy Lin's turnovers all led to HUGE runs by OKC, and McHale looked completely discombobulated with how to deal with it. He just calls a time out and stares at our core with disdain, yet no constructive direction.

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

haha great work.. i also have feeling that we will upset them in game 2:grin:

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i hate lin turned into a spot up shooter. someone may argue he improved alot with his shooting. no matter how much improvement he had, his strength is at his attacking mode. his attacking mode may not work due to OKC defense but it is not an excuse to abandon his strength to pray his shooting may light up. it's stupid. every time, he ran to the corner and waited for open shot. it made me sick.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And when he handled the ball he was more likely to turn it over or miss a shot than contribute positively, so him spotting up in the corner was definitely preferable to him handling the ball in game 1.

I hope he plays game 2 like an actual legit NBA starter and that we win - or at least don't get blown out.

Harden will need to hit outside shots. Asik will need to control the paint. Parsons will need to hit a few shots and prevent Durant from going for 30. We will have to get something out of our PF position, whoever that may be. And Lin will have to keep the TOs down and hit some outside shots. I know it's not his strength, but when his defender can sag so far off him it makes everything harder for the offense.

Basically, we have to play a near-perfect game to win. And being so young and playing on the road... I don't see it.

But amidst all this negativity and cynicism... I'm still happy we made it to the playoffs. Hooray for our team!

18. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

You guys really are something.. would you rather be watching other teams instead playing in the playoffs? You guys make it seem like Rockets were top 5 in the West with an arsenal of all-stars and a decent coach - OKC has 3 all-stars and an excellent coach. Rockets have 1 all-star and a suspect coach. You do the math, just take this in as a stepping stone to the next few years.

19. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Where are you sitting? You will be the only one with red on in the crowd lol

20. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

We win the next 4 games