1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/24/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My opinion is the Rockets really hurt themselves when they take it to the hole and cannot finish a layup. Between Parsons and Asik bricking layups, that is enough points lost to lose the game alone. All that effort to get to the hole for a pretty clean shot...and you brick the layup. Granted, they can't make them all. Asik would really benefit to work on his game near the rim in the offseason imo. Unless he flat out finishes with a dunk, he is really lacking when it comes to laying it up...especially trying to lay it in off the board from close range. That stuff adds up to a lot of missed opportunties throughout the course of the game. I kind of tire watching Asik work so hard for the offensive rebound or for position down low...only to try to lay it up from close range and watch it go off the rim because he can't find the sweet spot on the backboard. But, he'll figure it out as he gets more experience.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Yeah baby, especially considering that they never had training camp together!

3. Dementium

Dementium Member

You know, given all the things that has happened to the Rockets this year, its almost been like a movie.

Now if this were a movie this is how I would write it. Lose game 3, then proceed to win the next 4 against OKC and squeak into Round 2.

Beat the Clips in dramatic last second shot wins.

Then overcome the overwhelming faves the Spurs to set up an unlikely meeting with Miami (where Lebron James is the final boss of course!)

(meh...one can dream) :p

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wish they would have played like this in game one. We are growing up though!

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Just got done watching the game after missing it last night and religiously avoiding anywhere it could be spoiled for me until I could download it.

I'm proud of the Rox. Give me two more games like that and I don't care if we're swept.

Might have turned out differently if we hadn't had to resort to Brooks on Westbrook, but I won't play the what if game.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

LMAO DMo, this is reactions after Greg Smith dunk on Ibaka, actually after technical foul :grin: Damn have no skills to upload it like gif, just tired to search ways to do it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fMF8P4beCs[/youtube]

7. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Video was removed, apparently.

8. shumbum

shumbum Member

This was a very winnable game...

1. Delfino didn't go 3-10 from 3
    2. If Lin played the 2nd instead of Brooks
    3. If Parsons was a tad more efficient
    4. If some stupid calls were called correctly

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess so.

[​IMG]

10. Drphil

Drphil Member

Give Lin a break.

People were calling Lin to benched and killed when he was in. After your prayers to the devil were answered and he did sit out, people were calling for his head for leaving the game.

I've never hated a player as much as I hate the people watching this game. Call me a HoH (Hater only Hater).

Knick fans filled the ESPN boards last night to settle unfinished business with Lin lol. People either are blind to the Lin hate or they blame the LoFs.

Really, what hate does a player deserve to be called for death, blatant racial threats and pure hatred? They're just plain idiots! And that goes for the shameless people calling themselves humans on this board, rocket fans or not.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

After Game 2, I expect the Rockets to lose Game 3, steal Game 4, and then lose the series in 5 games.

12. gulsenabi

gulsenabi Member

13. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

I saw a LOH last night at the bar..

This is what i did to that dumba@@...

[​IMG]

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Though not asked about that play Greg Smith said "We knew they had the refs on their side." (The only thing to do is to keep on keeping on.)

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I just saw that play that McHale drew up at the end of the 2nd quarter. Wow that was beautiful. Finally a play that is not iso Harden and predictable. Delfino had such an open lane to the basket.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I Have an ESPN Alert and it says Lin is listed day to day

17. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

i prefer garcia as our starting SG to Delfino
    asik
    parsons
    harden
    garcia
    bev

bench
    tjones
    smith
    dmo
    6th man delfino
    back up pg brooks.. he had a couple of bad turnovers but still created some chances for our bigs so give him like 5-10 minutes

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

You simply can't brick lay ups, flush it, slam it, something. This was an ongoing problem with the last Rocket's team. I remember Scola missing boatloads of lay ups. The others too.

19. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I feel that the turnovers Brooks had was due to a lack of chemistry and a bit of rust. It wasn't as if he was playing terribly, one of the main things is he didn't only look for Harden which is always a plus when everyone is involved.
    Also when Bev isn't in I want to see parson's on WB more

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

lol:grin: