1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/23/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, on that Skip and Shannon show they sure did.

Shannon said that Westbrook has 4 total assists in the 4th quarters of this series. You'd think it was a pretty damning stat right?

The woman in the middle (who seems to be the biggest Westbrook fan) then mentions how many points he has in the 4th qtr. So?

Westbrook team has NOT been the problem in this series. Yes, when he sits his team loses the lead...and he comes back in...with his team in the lead...and he LOSES the game by taking shot after shot after shot, over and over and over again.

I do not think he ever will, if you ask me. If this was a problem with Durant there then who else in the world could he trust? The guy just goes at one speed for better or worse.

Shannon also made a good point that his teammates were all hitting shots. I really believe that the Thunder as a team has outplayed the rest of our guys more consistently, but Westbrook shot them out of 2 games in the 4th quarter. They could very well be 3-1 up on us because they have been hitting everything.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They have gotten tired, that's definitely true for both teams But if that's the case, why does Westbrook keep taking long jumpers? He would be better passing it to an open Oladipo or even Roberson if he's that wide open.

This is maybe 2-2 if Russell plays the 4th like he does quarters 1-3, but I think he'll keep going hero ball in the 4th.

3. Mr. Space City

i don't see why any nba player would want to play with westbrook if he can shot 37% from the field 25% from 3 and you still get blamed even when he doesn't give you a chance to make a play.

BigMaloe and BigShasta like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because he's selfish and doesn't trust his teammates. Oladipo did make a huge 3-pointer late in the 4th. But that was a situation where he found himself with the ball at the top of the key with the shotclock running down. Westbrook didn't set up that shot.

Westbrook has been playing heroball for too long(especially this particular season) to change course now. When the game is tight in the 4th, it's in his nature to try to win it all on his own. Part of me respects that, but teams don't win championships that way.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The OKC series is going to hopefully over in one more game. Westbrook gifting the Rockets multiple 4th quarters will soon come to an end. From here on out, the Rockets are going to be facing a barrage of far more intelligent superstars with far more intelligent coaching staffs.

This team needs to simply play better or it's going to be embarrassing from here on out.

Westbrook is soon to be old news.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Where is Anthony morrow? Is he riding the pine or did they cut/trade him?

7. fchowd0311

Unless one has the skill and overall shooting ability of someone like Jordan.

Harden's actually skillset rivals those of some all time greats. He just lacks the stamina and athleticism to sustain that type of relentless up and down running. If you could, he would be Lebron tier.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Perhaps they could be up 3-1 at this point as anything is possible, but I wouldn't discount the Rockets' efforts down the stretch in all the games to get stops and making plays. Good teams do that. Westbrook playing hero ball is just one element of it. There were times late in the game where Westbrook would still pass to teammates and they just didn't execute. Rockets get credit for that as well as the law of averages.

9. count_dough-ku

He was part of that trade to the Bulls that netted Gibson and McDermott for the Thunder.

saleem and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do the Bulls not play him? He seemed to torch us, does he just suck at defense or what. I've watched a couple Bulls games and they seem low on shooters

11. count_dough-ku

To be honest, I haven't watched enough Bulls games to know how much they're playing Morrow. What I do know from what I've seen is that they sure could use Gibson's inside play and McDermott's outside shooting right about now.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Okay, so I know the Thunder are our enemies, but I must say this.

OKC fans and the city of OKC have got to be the NICEST fanbase I have ever met. Everyone was so nice even though I was decked out in Rockets gear. The Ushers were very helpful and hospitable, almost like I was staying at an Aunt's house or something. The fans around me joked with me going back and forth about the game, but the guy offered me popcorn halfway through the game. Like how am I suppose to be mad at these people? Walking around their city, never had anyone get on our case really. I had a couple passer bys try to heckle me, but other than that, it was pretty calm. That arena gets crazy from even before tip off, and that arena is PACKED.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest. GO ROCKETS! Let's close em out in 5.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

One thing I have noticed is mcbuckets is being underutilized. Harden would get that dude some serious buckets

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Were you the dude with the #notmymvp poster?

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

We already have our own "McBuckets" in Ryno......he needs to start converting his 3s, plain and simple.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He did have a bad game yesterday, but why are people acting like he hadn't been averaging 37.8 per game through the first 3????

Dude has one bad game and we throw away all of his previous efforts

joshuaao, Rocket River, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LOL no, but I was the guy on the jumbotron with my wife during the 3rd quarter when they did the newspaper headline thing. I don't believe that was aired on TV though.

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Not to mention his bad game was in the face of a staunch scheme to really make him work. Not easy.

19. fchowd0311

The issue is if other teams recognize that and keep on fullcourt pressing him and shadowing him off the ball for the rest of the playoffs.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The fullcourt pressing Harden has not happened (yet) for an entire game as that is unsustainable. However, Ryan Anderson needs to hit his 3s at a decent (not great) clip. He's missing quite a few looks that he can usually make, which adds to the team's struggles.