1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/21/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2017.

1. txn

txn Member

Lol, I thought we lost more on ESPN, then I found we were so terrible on TNT (1W, 4L :confused:). But that win was the biggest win of the season - VS Warriors .

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

scott foster is an under-the-radar underrated piece in the rig machine. today silver has definitely shown to be a formidable manipulator not to be taken lightly.

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They've been far worse on TNT. But that didn't seem to be an issue in the first 2 games in this series.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Update: The spread is down to OKC -2 at this point with the money line now at +115. Lots of faith in our guys.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

OKC believe it or not played one of their best games through 3 quarters and it was still a close game. Barring the Rockets playing like garbage, they should win by double digits tonight.

Really need Ryan Anderson/Ariza to hit some open shots tonight

DonKnock and Plowman like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC was very good in game 2, I had no complaints whatsoever.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Attention to all shooters on the Houston Rockets, please show up today. There is absolutely no way that OKC can win if the Rockets hit 15 threes. They can't match that. We have yet to destroy them from beyond the arc in this series.

win tonight and this series is a wrap

I'm hoping for a sweep. An MVP getting swept in the 1st round will be embarrassing.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We are going to need two of Williams, E.G., or Anderson to play big for us. Williams and E.G. are perfect for the defense the Thunder are deploying against us. If the defender backs off in the slightest, they are launching a 3. If they get too close, they can blow by them, especially Williams.

Let's hope our starters can match the expected initial surge from the Thunder, and bring the bench brigade to create score separation.

Finally, limit their second chance points by putting a body on Roberson and Grant. Westbrick didn't get his nickname by being a sharp shooter.

If we match their intensity, we'll win this one. Can't be simpler than that.

Plowman likes this.
  9. toycannon

toycannon Member

We need good games from Anderson and Capela.

Okc will get energy being at home and this is why we need a fast start to take the crowd out of the picture.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I was at game 1. I thought we did good also

Did i do good enough? Lol

:(

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Loss incoming.

Thunder crowd will carry them to win tonight and we will be too complacent.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Rockets win tonight.

Donknock, go ahead and add me to your thread already bud.

BigMaloe, Vivi, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Haha game 1 was really good too. Game 2 was 1 of the best crowds for any team in this entire playoffs so far IMO, especially at the end of the 3rd/entire 4th quarter.

the fans and the energy in the Toyota Center has been great so far

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep i completely agree. Toyota center gets a bad rep. Anyone who calls them out needs to put their money where their mouth is!

Reeko likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

DonKnock likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WB has won MVP reddit confirmed

da_juice likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm not gonna lie, the crowds can get pretty weak during the regular season, but the fans show up and bring the energy when the playoffs roll around

chills ran down my spine when Gordon hit that three to put us up 96-94 and TC exploded

then Lou hit a three and Harden hit that tough three at the top of the key over Roberson...hype levels were over 9000

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Oklahoma is football country. No need to worry about any hostile environment

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The rep doesent come out of no where man....while the crowd has been great the last 2 games,u cant deny that the stadium was half empty when the national anthem was being sung.
    Maybe that contributed in us going down early? Not likely but thats unacceptable especially after a big game 1 win.
    In game i agree with you it has been fire...but i hope its not just because we r winning. We have to be loud throughout the entire game win or lose

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Errrr, maybe the second level, but I was in the lower bowl for Game 2, and it was pretty dead for the majority of the first half. I agree that the energy for the final 5 minutes of the 3rd, and the entire 4th quarter was electric, but I certainly wouldn't call it one of the best crowds in the playoffs. Just wait until you see what OKC has in store for us tonight.....that crowd brings the WOOD, and not just in the 2nd half.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That dates back to the regular season. If the game starts at 7(especially on a weeknight), the fans are not gonna be in their seats at tipoff. The good news is that shouldn't happen anymore going forward. Maybe if there's a Game 5. But in the 2nd round, you'll have the Warriors and either Clippers or Jazz one night which will be a later start and then the next night, it'll be Rockets vs Spurs or Grizzlies which will probably be at 8:30. The Eastern Conference games will then be either a 6 or 7 start time corresponding with whoever is playing in the West.