1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/21/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Before OKC blew up as the great team they are today, they were an up and coming 8th seed with potential, going up against the mighty Lakers and losing in 6. The same thing is going on with us and this series is a good step for next year and what we need to build on specifically against OKC.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Anyone heading to the NBA 2013 Finals probably will need to go through OKC, so why not get it out of the way first, right? Look the first loss to OKC, Parsons was not playing (and Lin/Asik were both nonexistent on offense). Delfino was out for the 2nd loss, and again both Lin/Asik were no show on the offense. I think that last game is more inline with what the Rockets can do, doubting that Harden and Lin will combing for 75 points again but the Roster will be current. That last win was a good win for the Rockets.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Very true. Like the start of this season, even with Harden on board....no playoffs...rebuilding. I like Houston's chance this year...if they can manage to pass OKC.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Have you seen the Spurs lately? I agree that earlier in the season they were a terrific offensive team, and up until a few weeks ago I feared them as much if not more so than the Thunder. But the Spurs in their current form have had a lot more games where they failed to reach triple digits whereas the same cannot be said of OKC in the past month. The Rockets would've been a longshot against either team, but at least they had a chance with the Spurs given their age and injuries. With the Thunder, it would take the biggest upset in NBA playoff history.

5. lakerfan

lakerfan Member

Rockets draw first blood

Rockets 112
    Thunder 97

1 person likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rockets 119
    Thunder 1

7. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Rockets win by 12

8. cdain3

cdain3 Member

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

I'm frustrated we wont be playing the spurs, but I secretly wanted to face the thunder, for the storyline and the drama. Either way, rockets werent going to beat the spurs anyway.

All the rockets have to do is steal one game from the thunder, game 1 or 2. All the pressure is on the thunder. Rockets have nothing to lose. I see it as valuable playoff experience for this young rockets team.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No NBATV.

Nice

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yea that's probably gonna make me feel a little bit better knowing Lakers dont stand a chance either lol

I'm not that mad anymore, this team is young and I honestly did not expect them to be anywhere near playoffs in the beginning of the season. My expectation raised as season went along though it's probably not rational to think they are beyond what they really are --- an extremely inexperienced group of young guys that just played a full season, Hell, even the Miami Heat did not win the championship in their first year ;)

Go Rockets!

12. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

I can't believe some of you "so called" fans...y'all been cheering all season long and we have surprised everyone by making the playoffs and now after these 2 loses y'all are all saying were horrible...our average experience is 1.9 years!!! smdh keep the faith and lets just see how we will perform against the best team in the west and get the experience we need to become a BETTER team and why not get the experience against the top seeded thunder??? jesus some of yall are unreal

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes I have and knowing their track record, towards the end of the season they never really cared that much.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Didn't the spurs go on a 20 game win streak towards the end of the season last year?

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I think so, why?

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

So doesn't that disprove your whole point that the Spurs don't really care down the stretch? They most definitely do care.

17. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Love that were in the playoffs, but I was looking forward to a Spurs matchup. Weve never lost a series to the Spurs. OKC is just a bad matchup, they are young and athletic like us, but much better. We will be hard pressed to win 1 game. Building block though, the experience will be good.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The NBA playoff is about:
    1. getting in
    2. matchups
    3. being healthy

Spurs would have been the preferred matchup, but what more can you ask for....all the starters are healthy.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Oh that. Spurs has the reputation of caring less when the playoffs race is set and done, they played more than just last season, they've been doing this for as long as their core has been in place.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is why I am so bummed out about the losses to the Suns and Lakers. A huge stumble. Monumental. The table was set and we fell down and wrecked the whole setting. Huge lost opportunity.