1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/21/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 18, 2013.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Shock the world we will!!!
    Go Rockets!
    Can't wait for game 7!!

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Don't believe everything you see/hear from ESPN.:grin:It's scheduled for Sunday 9:30 E.....I'm hoping for a entertaining game and not a lopsided game before the half is over.

3. Omron

Omron Member

Only way Rockets can win is the same way they won last time... hang around till the 4th and get crazy hot in the last few minutes of the game. Otherwise, it's going to be a sweep.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

5. pnr

pnr Member

A guy who failed to stop steve blake is going to be a russ stopper?

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Bring out the brooms

[​IMG]

I hope the Rockets have their butts ready.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Will be interesting to see how Lin and Parsons will play in this series.

I have a feeling that Parsons is going to go wild, it just seems like the brighter the lights the better he plays.

It just seems like on a random Wednesday night against the Bobcats he may suck...but on a Friday in MSG he suddenly turns into Larry Bird or something.

8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Anything can happen.

And that includes Durant and Westbrook dropping 40 each on us.

But hey, anything can happen.

Go Rockets! :grin:

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah we did. The thing about the Spurs is they have plenty of nights where they're not very good on the offensive end so at the very least the games are close and it comes down to execution. OKC scores at just as high a clip as we do and compliments that with solid D(hence their nearly double-digit point differential). So we're gonna struggle to even stay close in these games, never mind actually win a few.

What drives me nutz is that had we gotten the 7th seed and managed to upset San Antonio, the opponent in the next round would've been either a badly injured Nuggets team or the Warriors who we've done very well against this season. Think about that. Thanks to the stupid losses against the Suns and Lakers, we went from having an outside shot at the Conference Finals to a certain first round defeat.

1 person likes this.
  10. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Hopefully Tjones gets a ton of burn. Ran the floor well against LA and hit a pretty midrange J. sick him on Ibaka we know Tjones can guard out on the perimeter.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

THIS! This is what angers me. And if the lakers somehow manage to upset San Antonio I will be so incredibly pissed. We had to **** the bed against the Suns & Lakers.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If the Rockets let Durant and Westbrook get their 40 pointes each, but limit the other players then Rockets has a shot. I think both teams have pretty much the same game plan...OKC (stop Lin/Harden and let the rest try to win it) and for Houston (stop/limit Durant/Westbrook). We're not talking about a super dominant team in OKC...gifted but will flaws as well.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I don't even know what to respond, WOW. SAS ranked higher than the Rockets in terms of Offensive rating this season. They play at a slower pace yet they are leading the league in assists a game. No, they DO NOT have problem scoring at any given night. According to Hoopdata, SAS also ranked 3rd on defensive efficiency --- We never had a chance to begin with.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

Time for the biggest test this season

15. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Go Rockets!!!!!!!!

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Nothing to lose, Everything to gain. This is stage 2 of our learning process.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

We had a better chance against SAS than we do OKC though.

18. VanityHalfBlack

How can you leave Durant open like that?? He just stank another 3, damn you!!!! More updates coming soon....

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree. I do think our best chance was against the Spurs but not a good chance...

I think they at the end of the year always tend to do this. It's like they know the playoffs are near and kind of just go through the motions.

I think they are going to handle the Lakers pretty easily (if they call the games right...) their backcourt is vastly superior and their front court will match up.

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Same as it ever was. Take one in OKC and the pressure is on them. All you doom and gloom fans are no fun.