1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

honestly, there is a very significant athleticism difference between us and OKC, as skilled as harden is, he's not as athletic as the OKC defenders who can really bother him. Howard is the opposite, athletic, but not skilled enough...they've got westbrook, ibaka and even durant (underrated athlete) who are all superb athletes...anyone agree?

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Video Request..

I heard on the radio that there were several confrontations throughout the Rockets-Thunder game last night. Would anyone post highlights of all the "chippy" moments in the game? Thanks!

3. Stats

Stats Member

Haha, I actually Loled when I read this :D

Although this game he did okay on the defensive end.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

GUYS, BELIVE IT OR NOT BUT WE ARE IN GREAT POSITION, THE 4TH SEED!!!

If the playoff picture holds the way it is right now, we will play Portland in Round 1, at home, and if we that series, we will be matchup with San Antonio or Dallas. I think we matchup well with both of those teams.

Our nemesis this year; the Clips and Thunder, will play each other in round 2 and we will not face them until The WCF, so I'm happy with it!!:grin:

5. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Just watch ESPN's highlights for the game. They're there.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Is it just me or does the *current* seeding look VERY attractive?

Spurs
    OKC
    LAC
    Houston

Portland
    GSW
    Memphis
    Dallas

That would end up with a 1st round of...

Spurs-Dallas
    OKC-Memphis
    Clippers-GSW
    Houston-Portland

With the Rockets facing a 2nd round of the winner of Spurs/Dallas, this would force OKC to go through the gauntlet of Memphis (physical, grinding series and bad match up for OKC) and Clippers-GSW (can get red hot any time and out shoot OKC).

Anyway, just some thoughts...

7. passdarock

passdarock Member

There is still a lot basketball to be played. Things can change

8. ipa

ipa Member

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I looked at the Schedules for the top 5; S.A, OKC, L.A, HOU, and PORT and I think this is where they will end up. The bottom three might change; Memphis, GSW and Dal but I think this will be the playoff picture.

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Great minds think a like!!

11. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Ain't goin nowhere without the ability to beat OKC and LAC.

OKC - we just don't have anyone to stop Durant. When they shoot 3's well and we don't, it's over. Their length on D gives our offense problems. They always run up high leads against us.

12. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Definitely should try to stay in the Spurs bracket. OKC and LAC have our number.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Its very possible Memphis beats OKC or Golden State beats the Clippers too... it's the west.

14. deshen

deshen Member

There is a gap between this team and elite teams such as OKC and Clippers. Everyone needs to step up a bit to have a chance.

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you! The only someone I've seen matchup with Durant well this year, has been the "Greek Freak"! He guarded him well but unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to get him anytime soon.

16. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

I think we should've played the Lin-Bev-Harden-Parsons-Howard lineup to finish the game. OKC was playing Westbrook-Fisher-Butler-Durant-Ibaka (I think).

Too many wasted Dwight post-ups this game. At a certain point, once they realize it's not working, they have to get away from it or else it just wastes possessions.

Lin played well (at least above slump well) and was a catalyst at some points. Kinda tapered off towards the end with sloppy play, but I still would've put him back in once we realized OKC was playing with Fisher AND Westbrook at the end. Couple missed assists because Asik, ya know?

Bev...I mean it was nice in the beginning, but then just too much. Got too guess-happy on defense too and saw Westbrook go right past him. I don't like theatrical floppers much in this league and that is starting to include Bev (and almost every star really...)

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not just you but I have been thinking about that all along. As much as I wanted to beat OKC last night, I'm not overly mad as long as SAS finish 1st and we hold on to 4th

Let OKC and Clippers matchup in the 2nd round.

I'd take our chances against SAS

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Ive said all season that this team will go as far as Howard and Harden take them. It all comes down to the superstars. Last night Howard laid an egg. The Rockets won't go very far unless both of our stars show up and play well. And you can say the same thing about all the championship contenders. Miami needs their stars to play well to win championships, as does OKC, or the Clippers.

I thought our supporting cast of players played well enough to win last night. Harden showed up in the second half and did his thing. But Howard was a big fat zero, and it killed the Rockets. We only lost by 8 points. If Howard plays the way a superstar is supposed to, then the rockets win easily.

19. Razsan

Razsan Member

Anyone notice that Harden walked off the court without much contact with his old teammates..Lebron said there are no rivalries in the NBA. I think one just started.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Colin Cowherd was making fun of the OKC radio people when the latter described Bev's defense as "ATTACKING WESTBROOK". In essence, he was defending Bev by stating his defense is much needed. He also said Lin plays no defense.