1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2014.

1. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Bev seemed to take the match up personally like when Tucker when he played on Harden earlier in the season.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets have one more crack at OKC and LAC before the playoffs... both games at home with a day rest. Winning both will be nice redemption going into the playoffs.

3. autoprt

autoprt Member

i agree things are definitely better this year and the more they play together they can only get better. playoff matchups as of today have Rox against Portland which would be a heck of a series that is definitely winnable with home court ad.

hopefully OKC and Clips get knocked out along the way because for this year we're going need some outside help. OKC and Clips are only teams really concerned about in the conference.

4. autoprt

autoprt Member

also when i watch games even though it's been a year, i'm still amazed we have dwight, good or bad game i don't care because had the lakers been winning with him, we wouldn't have him.

5. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

It was like that during the championship years, then it was the Seattle supersonics

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I thought he was out of control for most of the game.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Durant is amazing. There is literally no stopping him, and he does it effortlessly.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

He should have never gotten benched for two minutes of bad play. 1 bad turnover and an impulsive three and he is out.

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I saw McHale say this . He did not say Jeremey we are trying to win. That was stated by a reporter and it was a wrong quote. The other part of the quote is correct.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden should have told the OKC crowd: "You just miss me, don't y'all?"

instead of "You used to love me when I was here" yada yada. Harden still doesn't have closure?

also Lillard should have watched this game. those OKC players--they're thugs. Bev tries to play honest-to-goodness defense. sometimes too hard though

11. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Beverly let this game get in his head ,which is funny because usually he is the one doing it to the other teams. He was a pest to him self last night.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Our young guys got swallowed up by the emotion the crowd was showing. Maybe the pressure too of keeping the newly-minted reputation of being the NBA's best since Jan.

Look for McHale and Dream to turn it into a teaching point. This loss can be positive if the guys learn we still are not there yet. Poise, focus, playing smart. It'll be more hard work and long nights before we reach where we want to go.

13. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Howard and Bev.

14. Razsan

Razsan Member

Asik missed 3 dunks and Hamilton 1. How do you miss 4 dunks in a game????
    Those 4 were from Lin alone....wonder what our total count of missed 1-2 foot shots were.

15. yummyhawtsauce

i would throw cp in there, his shooting % was terrible, forced too many in the paint.

howard just needed to pass quicker that's all.

i have to say though i'm impressed with mchales coaching - but he still needs to talk to his players and adjust quicker.

harden should have took more shots instead of passing at some points when he was open, but he should not have drove against 3 guys. he did this a few times and repeatedly it was blocked/stripped.

bright spot was garcia

16. Play07

Play07 Member

NO SIR Howard did and he's the VET. Maybe parsons a little because he was frustrated he shot wasn't falling but he stayed trying. Everybody else was ready and fighting like last yr playoffs.

17. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

tough game, we had our chances though, can learn from it

18. basketballholic

Howards post game is a net negative without the floor being spread.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because it moves for both teams offenses.

;)

DD

20. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]