1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 12/29/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2013.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

"superstar" is do subjective. For some people, it means top 5 at your position. For others, it may mean top 5 total. It's just a word. I don't think Harden is a "superstar" because my definition is narrower than some.

2. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Yeah,you know it is funny but Asik outplayed him in the playoffs lol

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would like the Rockets to play Oklahoma City on 3 days rest, and with OKC having played 4 games in 5 days. We would see a much different result, in my humble opinion. Want to place blame for the loss yesterday? Blame the NBA for the schedule, and injuries to key players for the Rockets. It's not the least bit surprising to me that we lost. A win would have taken a miracle, particularly from our thin bench. We didn't get it.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey that is all good, everybody definition is different win it comes to labeling these players a Superstars. I do however know that players that have played this game before (meaning NBA) calls Harden a Superstar as well.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Agreed but hey some fans going to be fans. Some gets bothered no matter what while others keep it cool.

6. NaturalThunder

Sorry, I know this is an old post from the second page, but it really bugs me. It's almost as if you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and/or only watch and follow the Rockets and completely ignore the other 29 NBA teams.

Terrible defensively? A top 5 defense last year and a top 5 defense again this year. Even without Westbrook we're damn good defensively when we're focused. SUre, like every other team we get bored and lackluster and have some terrible defensive games, but a focused OKC team scary good defensively.

7. NaturalThunder

Can you blame him? He's really, really bleepin' good. Besides, I prefer chip on his shoulder/playing with a little swagger Durant over humble/nice guy Durant.

8. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

When are playing he middle of the road teams, talents on our team can compensate from weak coaching. When you are playing equally talented but well coached team with excellent defense, talents are not enough. You need to play like a team with great coaching strategies. It goes back to the need to upgrade on coaching. Morey should consider the likes of Lionel Hollins and George Karl if we can't make it to 2nd round in playoff this season.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They are great defensively but against great scoring teams they are terrible. Go look it up, against the Clippers, Blazers and Warriors they give up over 110 a game.

Side note: Don't take things on a sports forum personal.

I watch plenty of games, love the game pimpn. The Rockets are top 10 correct but when they play power house teams like the Pacers and Thunder, do we look like a top 10 defensive team?

10. NaturalThunder

Fair enough, but if you play those types of offensive teams enough, you're going to give up quite af ew points. Miami and even Indiana will give up 105+ or 110+ against offensive juggernauts like OKC, Houston, Portland, and LAC if they play them enough. I'd have to go back and look at the other teams, but I know last year, including the playoffs, we held the Rockets well below their season average in points the 9 times we played you guys. That 122 point win in your regular season win may inflate that number some, but I'm pretty sure we held them to under 100 points 4 or 5 times.

Regardless, in today's NBA good offense is usually going to be good defense with the more strict perimeter defensive rules. Bottom line is, OKC was top five in the NBA last year in DRtg, opponent's FG% and opponent's PPG, and this year their second in DRtg and second in opponent's FG%.

And I apologize for being a jerk.

1 person likes this.
  11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey all good pimpn, you have a dynamic team 4 show. Yall kicked our butts last night and has owned us for a hot minute.

Welcome to the Clutch City

12. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

can anyone stop Durant?

and can Harden stop anyone?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please let this thread go away. Horrible memories.:(

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

okc? well coached? right.....

15. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

That was a huge upside. :)

I had Reggie Jackson on my team so I wasn't all broken hearted either...:grin:

16. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Whazzup Badlee- Happy New Year!

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

The top teams like Pacers, Heat, Thunders, Spurs and Clippers are all well coached and play good defense. Players for players, in terms of talent, Houston is not inferior to them. But as a team playing against top teams, we show undisciplined and unstructured offense and defense. It all starts with coaching. Just see what these coaches have done for their teams in a short time - Hornacek (Phoenix), Steve Clifford (Charlotte), Brad Stevens (Boston), Terry Stotts (Portland), and last year's George Karl (Denver), Lionel Hollins (Memphis). Good coaching can make an ordinary team competing well because the defense can be improved so much. They can turn an average team into playoff bound, and a star studded team into a contender.

18. NotChandlerParsons

Yes. He has a fake marketing image as a nice guy with no tattoos while being like #7 in the league in technicals and being a giant *******.

19. yummyhawtsauce

agreed, those teams have a pretty good coach.