1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No kidding Clint.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  2. SORF

SORF Member

One thing I notice tonight was OKC was not defending our players, they were defending the paint. We had at least 3 players with no defenders while CP3 or Harden were playing ISO. They needed to do more passing to the open man. But then again, it wouldn't have matter tonight...the Rockets could hit the side of a barn.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jimmy Butler ain't no offensive lineman.
    Wait.....

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

You must be real young or new to basketball.

5. mockster

mockster Member

Overpaid an old Paul. I don’t doubt he’s a key to our success but he’s fading from his previous consistent self

shvedsucks likes this.
  6. SORF

SORF Member

Spirit? This must be the current version of "we didn't feel it tonight." That is a cop-out.:rolleyes:

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I just wish he wouldnt foul so much.

D-rock likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, you especially shouldnt question anyone's knowledge.

Roomba likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

This is a big part of the problem. Teams are out shooting us point blank. Gordon has stunk, CP3 had one good game and JH is celebrating lasts years MVP winning now.

Hate the defensive scheme as an aside does our defense look different than last year, by scheme I feel like the switches last year did not leave obvious mismatches like it does now.

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Regardless of my age, I don't result to mudslinging as soon as a contrary opinion is stated. If I was younger, or newer to basketball, perhaps I would engage you in a similarly disrespectful fashion. As is, I'd prefer to use basketball as the medium for discussion, not personal ****.

I reiterate: THE WIN AGAINST THE PACERS IS STILL A GOOD WIN. A BAD LOSS DOES NOT INVALIDATE A GOOD WIN. There are aspects from the Pacers win that show me that the Rockets can still gut out a solid victory, regardless of their current struggles.

I'd love to hear why you believe otherwise, maybe I can learn something new, or change my opinion.

Haven't learned anything from you so far, though.

TAB, IvanLCPM, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Last year was the year. It should have happened, but obviously didn’t.

I’m not jumping off this early, but things need to be shaken up. Changes will be made I’m sure. Guys don’t look nearly motivated enough this year.

HP3 and Vivi like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We just can't score.....held teams under 100 points three games in a row but that counts for little if you don't score yourself

DreamShook likes this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am switching my fandom to the Bucks.
    They are playing like the 2017 Rockets.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wish it was that easy for me.. When the Rockets suck, my fandom switches to Netflix premiers and CW shows.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

On the contrary, I actually care about the team and its success, which is why I hate it when scrubs destroy our chances.

There is a difference between being a homer like you and many others(see Ryan Anderson and others) and being realistic. If we suck, I will say it. If we make bad moves, I will say it. Who are you trying to fool by sugar coating bad decisions?

You get disappointed and frustrated much later on because you realize it much later on.

I was disappointed over the summer. My championship hope for this team died over the summer and thats all this year was all about. The fact that we are nowhere as good this year than last year is not a surprise to me. What exactly did you expect when your off season moves over the summer consisted of MCW, Melo, Ennis, Brandon Knight, and Chris lol... and we are playing Horrorstein..

But carry on with your delusional positive vibes...

DreamShook likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I recommend Castlevania for a Netflix shows lol...sigh

DreamShook likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

My fandom often switches to p*rn. To ease my sorrows and to pretend that somebody loves me as much as I love the Rockets.

..go rockets!

:D

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I’m thinking we switch up our offense. Non of this 3 point ****. Just slow it down And grind out every game. Make the nba wish we weren’t in natl. tv so much

20. jboslett

jboslett Member

Well, looked forward to this game all day for nothing.