1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/16/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Down the stretch, we forgot to use the proven to be true mantra.

Get a hold and then a hoop, then another hold and another hoop.

If we stuck to that, we would run away with the W

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Where does the Navy SEAL come in?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's helping D'Antoni learn to dive in the water and going full-boat.

"Instead of tip-toeing in the water, I'm diving in the water. We're going in full-boat, we're going in 100 percent instead of tip-toeing." -- D'Antoni​

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When MDA talks about wanting to "up the pace of play" this example is really what slows us down. My guess is Harden is just pacing himself / energy level, but the offense could offer up some better looks with more motion and more opportunities.

This isn't 7 seconds or less.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Rocketeer4Life

Do you all think we are just a .500 team with this roster?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes easily. not so much because of just the roster but more so bc of the system to me

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In a strict time-clock measure, it's not close. We are roughly league average in Pace. But there is a lot of that playbook going on, nonetheless. We do see Harden (as well as Ennis) giving play signals as they walk up court. That could indicate chemistry to go faster isn't there, yet, and there isn't much Nash instinctive play-calling at faster pace. That said: MDA does say Harden is allowed to improvise "because it's so effective," which my guess is the ISO and 2-man games.

One thing missing with the first unit is we are definitely not seeing much (if any) 21-Series/Pistol of "7 Seconds or Less" with Harden....although Ennis/Gordon would run it, and I'm not fan at all of Harden/Brewer running it, so Coach might think that, too. This might change with Bev. Certainly something to look for.

Vivi likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what do you mean, JUST a .500 team??

:D

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

.500 is great

It is where true peace and CALM is achieved

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'zactly

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wish we could play 2 games every time so we can be in a permanent state of .500

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I will tell you good peeps onething, MDA better get a hold on Mr. Harden ISO hero ball real quick. Or we will continue to see that nonsense we witnessed last freaking night.

Last night's loss is mostly on Harden. Once he realized the calls wasn't coming his way, he stopped being aggressive. Then he decided to play hero ball, jacking up 2 contested three pointers at the end of the 3rd. A 10 point lead dwindle down to 5 because of that nonsense.

I also toss blame on MDA because he should've called time out once he seen we were only settling for three's down the stretch.

Dang what a freaking choke job last night.

#893 Htownballer38, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    hakeem94 likes this.