1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/6/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

I grew up in Houston, yet this will somehow be the first Rockets game I actually get to see in person. Can't wait for tipoff!

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I have nowhere else to put this, but I just realized that we don't have a single player who has ever been an All-Star on our team.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

congrats

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We'll win 1 of the 2 games because I think OKC is going look past this 2 games.

5. acjeitherocket

Rox lose 105-93

6. Burko

Burko Member

Dont expect us to win this one, but it's another game to give Dalembert some minutes to settle in, hopefully Martin can get his mojo back with some penetration (obligitory "That's what she said")

7. arjun

arjun Member

Rockets are 2-4...defending champion Mavs are 3-5 and just got blown out by a Spurs team without Manu on the road on a second night of a back to back....similar to the Rockets being blown out by the Clippers in LA on a second night of a back to back...

Things are not as bad as they seem.

1 person likes this.
  8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Won't even be close...:(

Rox: 89
    OKC: 101

9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

hope they win.. I'm sitting in my hotel a block from Chesapeake Energy just waiting for the game to start... then on my way to Houston for the playoffs on Saturday.. if they both win.. it would make for a wonderful weekend.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-Just reported by Jason Friedman that Lowry is a "game time decision" due to bruised foot in practice yesterday..... hmm... sure.

If he sits it out, i doubt its from a bruised foot, but its all good. With everything going on in his head now, it might be good to let him take a few days to get this battery charge thing taken care of.

Either way, the Rockets will have a really tough time beating OKC tonight with or without Lowry. It might be smart to rest up the starters tonight to try and win the second night of the back to back tommorrow night at home in Houston when they have a much better shot at winning with a rested starting lineup.

11. gah

gah Member

You can't just mail the first game in because we'll be playing the same team, if we make it easy for them tonight the easier it will get for them tomorrow as well. We have been struggling with our effort, I would rather see them play with a chip on their shoulder.

12. syn

syn Member

Kevin Durant simply can't be stopped.

13. syn

syn Member

Unless you have Shane Battier.

14. Houston_Rockets

If Lowry can´t play, I would like to see TWill running the point against RW, I actually think he would do better then Dragic or Flynn.

I want to see Dalembert playing more mins at the Center then any other guy.
    I want KM to explode for 30.
    I want our big guys to just box out Ibaka and Perkins and don´t worry about rebs, let them perimeter guys come for them, just box your men out at all costs.

At this point, if we win it is a miracle considering how terrible we play on the defensive side of the ball.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Well, at least OKC will be fun to watch. Needless to say, we don't match up well with these guys. With Courtney Lee out, and no one who can guard Durant, even semi-competently, it's going to be a very long night for Houston. I hate to be the turd in the punch-bowl, but we could very well get shredded worse than the clippers game. If McHale runs out a starting rotation of Hill, Scola, Bud, Martin, and Lowry again, I'm going to puke. Then again, what's our alternative?

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

This game will not go well tonight.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'll try to watch the 1st quarter without flipping channels...That's all the time I'm giving them... I expect a bully beatdown ...

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Kyle out. Lee out. That leaves us Goran, Flynn, TWill and Martin for our backcourt vs Westbrook, Maynor, Harden and Sefolosha. Advantage OKC. Well how about SF...Bud vs Durant...OUCH...Durant could go off here for 50 if the game is not a blowout and they don't pull him. Advantage OKC. Scola, Hill, Dalembert vs Ibaka, Mohammed, Perkins. You could call that a scratch but I think you'd be generous in doing so.

OKC 123 Rockets 98

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

The Rockets can use Dragic at the 2 also.

20. R=$

R=$ Member

30 pt lose > KMart demands trade > MC fired > Rudy T hired = Clutchcity II . :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.