1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 4/2/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2017.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

how long have you been watching the nba? this is the period where lottery teams are most dangerous. credit where credit is due.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That's not how this works. The Westbrook crowd says OKC is a lottery team without Westbrook. Definitely true. The same applies to The Rockets. Without Harden this group of players wouldn't sniff the playoffs.

I think it's possible that if both teams switched players the records would be similar for both. But I wouldn't make the bet.

3. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

That is why they are in tank mode. benched Bledsoe, Chandler and Knight with bogus injuries. Again stupidity has no limits. They got guys or kids out there who thewy know are not GOOD ENOUGH to win games but they atleast will compete. They have zero interest in wining.

#623 ricardo1979, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Difference is Westchucker i will just freeze all our shooters out with his game style.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so much more fun to watch without harden whos doing too much ball hogging has annoying turnover issue and shoot a lot of pullup 3s and hes a poor pull up shooter...

cheke64 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My whole point was that we have a great bench, and give credit where it is due. Maybe the OKC crowd says they are a lottery team without Westbrook, but I think we have a better team without Harden. We have some really good players on this team, and probably our biggest weakness is not having a great shot blocker.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Never go full r****d...

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't mean our team was better without Harden on it.....LOL. I worded that terribly. What I meant was that if you compared our team to Oklahoma's without Harden and Westbrook, I think our team is better. I really think we have a lot of talent on our bench.Reply

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

imagine OKC traading WB to HOU instead of JH

would OKC won anything by now?

would have HOU won anything by now?

do you think KD would have left playing with JH in OKC?

you know how many wins were predicted for OKC and HOU before beginning of the season?

DonKnock and threepointshot3 like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If they're proper grizz fans they should!

YaoMing#1 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Would OKC be better? Who knows. Would we be better? Who knows. You can't simply go by stats, because those can change with the person running the show. What I do know is that we have better 3pt shooters than they do, so whoever is leading our team has more help around him in our kind of game. It also depends on who runs the show, the coach or the player. Do I think KD would have left playing with JH? Again, who knows. I guess it depends on what makes him happy and who he wanted to play with more. Money, players, coaches, and how the city appeals to them can all make a difference. After all, James left KD and Westbrook to play for us didn't he?

12. vlaurelio

before I continue discussing Rox and OKC bbal with you, you know he was traded right?

DonKnock likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I forgot he was traded.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

KD and harden would have won the chip last year no doubt in my mind.

And they prob at worst go to the chip that year Russ missed the playoffs with the meniscus tear.

.... and no way KD leaves the thunder if harden is still his teammate instead of Russ.

Harden would have made ibaka and KD even more effective. They still get Adams in that scenario because your getting the same deal from houston for Russ they got for harden.

Trading harden insteaa of Russ 5 years ago completely changed the western conference.

Warriors created the dynasty, thunder dynasty that never was is over and the team you traded harden too is the 3rd best team in the league and
    10 games better than you in the standing.

Presti imo should be fired. If I'm okc fans I have to look at that guy and say "ok you drafted 3 of the top 6 players in the league but only retained the worst one" at the same time it is pretty amazing that after this year 2/3 will have won MVP and there's a very good chance that before there careers end all three will have MVP awards.

I don't think any GM has ever drafted that well over a 3 year period.

But okc would be a 55 game winner with the harden and houston would prob be a 50 win team with Russ. The offense in okc is just Russ do everything nobody moves but the bigs to set him a screen. It's pretty basic and you can't win a chip playing like that and I'm sure management/coaches know this.

Houston is playing in a system designed to Hardens strength. Since is days in okc before coming to houston harden has been an elite pnr player. With MDA he's transformed into possible the best pnr player off alltime.

I think Russ is really talented and has some attributes better that James. But if you really look at it objectively and what winning basketball is all about and who's easier to build around. It's harden in a land slide, no comparison.

At 23 harden took a team of asik/parsons/Lin a star his best supporting players to 45 wins, Russ in his prime putting up a triple double with much mpre talent around him is at best meaning they win out would only met 4 more wins.

Harden also went 28-13 two years ago playing with Dorsey/black at center dmo at pf Ariza/papa and cannan/terry. That was his roster and he still held down a 56 win pace.

Harden had been the better player for a long time an it's a shame that ppl don't want to give this man his respect.

He's truely special and one of the best offensive players to ever play the game.

hakeem94, DonKnock and vlaurelio like this.
  15. vlaurelio

says the guy whose all over WB's stat padding

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't know about the stat padding. I only watch OKC when we play them. People are up in arms over the whole MVP thing, but all I really care about is how far we get in the playoffs as a team. This whole MVP thing stirs up too much hate and discontent among players, fans, and voters. Everyone has an opinion on who they think deserves it, and I don't like it. The problem with individual awards in team sports is that no team wins any championship without everyone on that team working together as a team to get that victory. That's just me. I don't get worked up over it all because I don't like singling out any individual in team sports.

#636 deb4rockets, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  17. vlaurelio

yeah but you single out Harden for making everyone in the Rockets better

DonKnock likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I understand your logic, but just don't agree or look at it that way, so we won't agree on the idea of singling out individuals in team sports.