1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

CP3 had the back to back limitations and was a part of the reason why he was traded.... only to have the player in return with the same restrictions while being paid. Smh

pr0wler likes this.
  2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Conditions are changing, but MDA’s mind won’t change. That’s the problem!

bro2044 likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We took 8 more shots overall and hit 16 less........story of the game

4. JackLordsHair66

That was some epic sitty shooting tonight, coupled with equally bad defense yikes !

saleem, bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  5. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

You know they played the Suns right? It’s barely even a ****ing NBA caliber team.

Should be able to win by 30+ against them even if both Harden and Russ were to sit and they were playing their 4th game in 4 nights.

Its one thing if we would’ve lost to a good Lakers team last night but to lose to the ****ing Suns is just humiliating.

bro2044 and vick like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a moron. MDA has nothing to do with a team that shot 80% in 1st quarter, sometimes runs like that happen. Rockets were down 2 key players and still integrating another, you saw the communication issues on D. It was a short handed B2B after a physically and emotionally tough win vs. Lakers.

Then every Rocket not named Harden went absolutely cold. Shooting 18% on mostly uncontested 3's was beyond coaching.

How wide open were the Rockets but they still could not nail their shots.

If you had a modicum of basketball knowledge you would not be whining every damn game thread.

Educate yourself.

jcmoon, HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Win some, lose some.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gordon once 50 pts, now 4 pts.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

And I hate those white boring ass unis.

If gonna wear white then just wear the space city unis.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Your words are hot garbage to me. Please do not quote me. Thanks.

11. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

12. vick

vick Member

If Harden scored 70 points, Rockets win.

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Its now what you say, its how you say it. You're also a Russ dick rider. Havent ever seen you crticize him when he does dumb stuff.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden has long demanded for an equally gifted backcourt partner since Ty Lawson.

Now you can't separate them otherwise Harden is going to be passively walking down the court again.

Today's stars are bunch of pampered babies.

HP3 likes this.
  15. AstrosRockets1818

As a favorite this was our biggest blowout loss in the last 30 years.

bro2044 likes this.
  16. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Should’ve played the guys that brought us back in the game to start the third eg mclemore and rivers.

Sometimes I question D-Antoni’s basic coaching skills. Go with the hot hand.

Also, Harden isn’t looking right without Capella.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

As much as I get what you're saying in your point to him, actually both things can be true. MDA can struggle with adjusting to another team AND another team can be inexplicably hot in their shooting, it's not just one or the other. MDA has taken a ton of criticism this year for sticking to philosophy when things are not working or circumstances change, as well as his inconsistency with calling timeouts. The suns being hot was not the ONLY issue this game, but a sure it was a heavy factor early. Harden got us back in it, but if we're being real he only had 1 really good quarter. In 1 & 3 he was not a difference maker, in fact he was on the court when the Suns took their biggest leads each time. That doesn't mean I'm blaming him mind you, but I do think he shares some with others. It's like if in an office 10 reports are due by each employee by the end of the week, but end of day Friday all turn in 1 report, except for 1 guy who turns in 5 extra at the last minute, so he gets 6/10. He still didn't meet the goal, even though he didn't suck nearly as much as everyone else. The negative effects still ripple out to the customers, even though he did more than others. Sure, he played 10 great minutes, but he played 30 (not asking for a perfect game) and in a lot of that he was moving slowly, allowing the double to come, settling for the stepback, and not attacking the rim. MDA also didnt play centers in a game where we couldn't small ball effectively without WB and for over half the game Gordon. He dug his heels in instead of adapting, and we got stomped. Anyways, the point is there.... it's not just because of early hot/cold shooting, and more than 1 thing can be true.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

An utter rout. The defense should have been better. There is no excuse for giving up 39 points to Oubre.

The Jekyll and Hyde show is still continuing
    unfortunately.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've gotten to the point of not even enjoying the games much anymore without Russ in there. I rarely miss a game, but decided to skip last night since he wasn't playing. I get bored with everyone else simply living or dying by 3's, and doing little if anything else. Now that we have given up on rebounding and shock blocking it will be even harder to bear when our guys are on their bad days, and shooting poorly. I can't even imagine watching 37 bricked 3's or just getting dominated in the paint.

I might watch the last quarter when it appears MDA gave up and threw in Hartenstein and the bench. I think we have a problem our when every bench player with 14 minutes or less had as many or more points AND rebounds than PJ at Center. How can we ensure and win through a playoff series that way?

I will be watching Utah and Boston though, since Russ should be playing. His effort, heart and energy puts the fun in Rockets basketball.

#759 deb4rockets, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    PeterKingX likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was it really? Ugh. I swear, the extreme highs of beating a great team, to losing to a crappy team are so gut wrenching. The ups and downs of being a Texans and Rockets fans is this. I showed it after beating the Lakers and I will show it again. It is so fitting for us poor fans.

giphy (14).gif