1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 1/23/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

When a player is listed as probable, then he is likely going to play, listing as questionable is a different story.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Rockets have shown an ability to bounce back after a loss.

I would limit Smith's minutes in this game, and give them a heavy dose of the headband brigade and Papa. Phoenix loves to run. Our transition defense better be sharp.

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

so Dwert and Harden might not play. Yeah Rockets fcked.

4. houstonflagfan

I'll be there tonight! Hopefully i'll get dwights sig on my orlando jersey... Bringing my H-Town banner as well. GO ROCKETS.

5. houstonflagfan

I'll be at the game too! In a dwight orlando jersey... I swear if they don't play...

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I will be watching Goran with fond memories. I never wanted him to leave (Stupid Idea Morey!) and I want him back. Should have paid the man. Gave Lin a bigger contract.

7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Expecting to lose. Will take a 40+ performance from Harden and decent shooting nights from Bev and Trevor to get up.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I follow Suns somewhat closely because of Goran. Based on fan comments, SBNation's articles and my own judgement, here's my take:

PJ Tucker will make Harden's life tough, so Rockets will have to rely on other scoring options. Namely, Dmo and especially Howard who has to be mentally in the game if we have any chance of winning. Alex Len is playing only 20 min/game or so because of shaky ankles and beside him nobody can stop Howard.
    If Howard will sleepwalk through the game again, Ariza has to take advantage of the fact that smaller players will be guarding him (Dragic, G.Green) when Tucker is on Harden. So either Ariza or Howard have to go off with everybody else giving in their usual share. Oh, and we HAVE to cut on turnovers because Suns are deadly in transition. And lately we're defending in transition like crap.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Fight or Flight. 3s fall or fail. Effort or nah

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tucker had like one good game against Harden IIRC though.

Last year I think Paul George played the best defense on Harden. This year it has definitely been Butler.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Scared about the Tucker - Harden match-up, as well as Dragic/Bledsoe - Bev matchup. Howard must do work in the paint. Must be the best big man.

Please, hit those threes!

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol the Suns pre game crew said they wouldn't trade Alex Len for Dwight

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

is it a 8 30 pm tip off or 8?

14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

NOW!!!!

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

my stream not working :(

16. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

These Suns announcers are odd - play by play guy sounds like he should be doing horse races

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Len beasting

18. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

NBALP is having free preview this week

19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Probably not the right place for this and not sure if its been asked but i'll ask anyway. Do yall think it would make a difference if we used Howard more to facilitate the offense? Not in the form of post ups but like how the Warriors use Bogut. To pass the ball on cuts or curls. I'm not saying to completely take away post ups but if we use him more in the offense to facilitate, would it help harden or relieve some pressure? If you were the coach, would you do it?

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

gee D Mo has lost his footing a lot lately