1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/9/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm feeling good about this game. Rockets are giving up a lot of points but are making just enough stops. Spurs making some uncharacteristic mistakes close to the basket. Could be a sign that all those Capela blocks have affected them.

2. jae713

jae713 Member

Spurs are shooting pretty good. Rockets are hustling out there on defense and loose balls. Refs more than likely bet on the Spurs this series lol.

DonKnock, bro2044 and Tha_Dude like this.
  3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Whatever happened to:

Danny Green, defensive stopper? I thought he was supposed to contain Harden :D

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  4. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

So bizzare hearing Barkley talk positive about us.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dig this post. Refreshing

DonKnock, hakeem94 and Tha_Dude like this.
  6. dischead

dischead Member

How did Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon both miss 2 free throws? Annoying

bro2044 likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Shaq, Aldridge aint been **** since D.Howard left us...

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this game will be a blowout. Spurs aren't going to concede the 4th like they did last game if they're trailing. Gotta come out with focus and keep it the whole 48

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, people who think the nba doesn't respond to media pressure haven't been watching for 2+ decades. the world decided harden shoudn't get those calls since more attention is paid in the playoffs. maybe he shouldn't, but only if the rules change. as is, people are reaching and he makes them hit his arm on a shot. but since the media is against it, the refs have decided they have to "do better" on this type of call and have just stopped making it. and not only that, you can feel the "revenge" factor as they give the same calls to other teams. not necessarily "take that," but hey we've given it to them, we have to give it to the other team.

only 2 problems. they are giving it to san antonio and not giving it to us. it doesn't even it up to competely flip it. second problem? almost all of these aren't shooting fouls. they are discrediting the work of guys like harden/derozan/lou. they have put time into their craft to recognize when a foul is coming and go into their shooting motion. at the risk of looking stupid if the foul doesn't come. the spurs are waiting for fouls and then just throwing it up, clearly not shooting. and these revenge calls are working for them. they've literally gone from not giving us correct calls to giving the spurs obviously non-shooting fouls. it's insane. somehow i don't remember any revenge "moving pick" fouls against the warriors last year. but it's us, so there you go.

kjayp, hakeem94, AuburnRocket and 2 others like this.
  10. jae713

jae713 Member

I'm suppose to be studying for finals right now. I'll just tell my teacher Bev ate my homework.

bro2044 and ghettocheeze like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I never believed that they could get someone who could sound more marble mouth than an excited Charles Barkley...turns out a calm Shaq is infinitely worse.

adw and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LMAO that's hilarious. He made it, but I'd have to believe the numbers would favor that being an uncontested layup/dunk.

bro2044 and jae713 like this.
  13. tarantula

tarantula Member

Man we need get some calls in the second half, they can't **** up us all game long. EG and Lou need to show up.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's been on our wagon for the whole season. He was saying Harden was the MVP for most of the season until Westbrook broke the record.

AuburnRocket and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

reggie feeling nervous about the coming 2nd half right now, probably went to take a piss during the break. sitting down of course

htownrox1 and Rodman23 like this.
  16. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Harden had a monster first half. Refs were biased as usual. We need Ego and Lou to step up to win this game. Go Rockets!

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Spurs are so tenaciously annoying. Just let the Rockets run off already.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I figure he knew he would have someone to rebound just in case...but if you didn't know it's Road Ryno!

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

He could be replaced with a lampstand. I have never understood anything he has said for years. Probably didn't miss much.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

The start of the 3rd will be very key