1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2012.

1. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Come on, Les, pay off the refs in the next one.

2. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Last five played
    Raptors

Hornets 7 pt Win Away
    Spurs 20 pt Loss Away
    Magic 3pt Win Home
    Piston 6pt Win Home
    Cavaliers 3 pt Win Away

Rockets

Spurs 6pt Loss Away
    Wolves 3pt Win Away
    Bulls 23 pt Win Away
    Grizz 17 pt Win Home
    76ers 22 pt Win Home

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You are giving Popo too much credit.

We went cold at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

The Spurs did too.

It wasn't noticeable because they were ahead.

The only reason we lost was because of the momentum.

We were toe to toe against them before the fourth.

Michael didn't stick to his 6-7 man rotation.

So quit blaming him.

He played Cook and Aldridge besides Douglas and Smith from the bench.

Play CD?

The guy was injured moron!

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Edit:

CD was sick.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Manu sums it up nicely:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great game last night against the Rockets. 122-116! We couldn't make a stop but we made a lot of shots. Tmrw in Dallas. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23gospursgo">#gospursgo</a></p>&mdash; Manu Ginobili (@manuginobili) <a href="https://twitter.com/manuginobili/status/285082750715834368" data-datetime="2012-12-29T17:59:59+00:00">December 29, 2012</a></blockquote>

6. ERC

ERC Member

Interestingly, after I posted the above comment in response to another post about Lin/Harden's 5 TO's apiece, I got a private response from someone who wrote,

"It's obvious you only care when he is hurting Lin's assist stats. Can you be any more obvious 12er?"​

Well, dear fellow CF fan - no, this is not about Lin's assist stat. While Asik is invaluable on the defensive end, he routinely fumbles passes. This is a fact. Had our center been Tim Duncan or Tyson Chandler, they would likely have converted those into easy buckets. So, all I was saying was the TOs might seem high but not all were results of poor/sloppy plays by our backcourt. And FYI, backcourt = Lin AND Harden; not just Lin. :)

7. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Er, all treys Green made were uncontested. The 4th trey he made in a row in 1Q no less ball has left before TD even got his hand up on help defense.

You can thank Harden for those points, his idea of defense is to let his man go and stand in the paint watching the ball, out of position for any meaningful help defense, leaving his man wide open on the perimeter. Green had time to scratch his ass and pick his nose before shooting each shot.

Does Harden take responsibility and do anything about it? Nope. When is McHale going to hold Harden accountable for his bull*****?

Oh I love Harden's comments after the game:

"It changed the entire game," Harden said of the call. "It gave me five fouls. I had to come out, and then I had to play hesitant. It changed the entire game."

Right, he did change the game, starting 1st quarter with his garbage defense. I mean the Rox could not possibly win without him on court. Nevermind they seem to catch up on deficits whenever he is off court.

Beardsanity? More like Beardonna.

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Let's make it a game!!

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Tough game to watch at times...we're just not there yet...Watched the game at Lttle Woodrow's midtown bc stupid ass comcast network...