1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

It's a toss-up between Parsons and Leonard, but Leonard beats Morris by a mile. Morris is completely useless when he's not making 3s.

2. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Stat is washed up. He's become a jump shooting big and quite frankly we have enough of those types of players on our team already. His defense is absolute TRASH and is useless if his jumpshot isn't falling. Also, the dude has a horrendous contract which makes him pretty much untouchable imo. I don't see any NBA team wanting to take on that joke of a contract.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Really disappointed McHale still doesn't know how to limit minutes of our starters in the first game of a back-to-back. OKC game is going to be an embarrassing loss..

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Another excellent post-game analysis. Thanks!

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol that's the dumbest **** I've ever read. So whenever Lin plays well, it's because the coaches "let him?" And when he doesn't play well, it's all the coaches fault right? And that point you made makes no sense, the Toronto game was after the San Antonio game where Lin had 38, so the coaches were letting him do anything during the Toronto game, right? :rolleyes:

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think we make adjustments to our game plan as needed. Such as opponents find a way to stop us. Then coaches teach us the adjustments we need to make.

First, it was ISO ball. Then we started moving the ball around. Then we got Harden and Lin to work together. Vs. MINN game, we used Asik's high screen to get Harden free. With the defense Spurs threw at us in the 4th, coaches will now find a way to break through.

That way we get enough repetitions on an offensive system for our young guys to pick up before we add another layer to it.

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

we are simply GREAT! WE ARE CONTENDERS!

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Even though I despise your English grammar, what you said makes sense. Everyone should chill out on the whole ISO "ball crap". Since Harden is technically already an all star - or well putting up all star numbers and handling the rock as a superstar, he is our go to guy, and that's exactly what they do. But Harden is and will always be a better passer than Kobe or Durant is/will ever be. Anyways, good post YaoMing. But please, work on your grammar, it needs a lot of touch up! :grin:

9. holly1985

holly1985 Member

A 25 minutes analysis of the game qtr by qtr

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7-dt0ED2-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't watched the game yet. The guy said how Lin started the game playing slow and in the wrong way. But redeem himself later. Also why Lin actually did a good job on TP. And the reason that suprs went on a run in 4th qtr.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Hilarious...
    The Rockets lose by 6 to a vastly superior team and it is because of Harden and McHale according to the usual suspects.

If anyone else on the team played like Harden tonight they would be getting praise. His defense was fine. Both Lin and Parsons had difficulty on defense tonight... That is what happens when you play at an insane pace.

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I thought Lin played average, he had a couple of good defensive plays. But Harden was below his below-average self, that's why people are complaining.

When you're already a poor defender, playing worse than that will get you some criticism, especially if you're the franchise player and you've gone cold in the 4th quarter. Whether it's deserved or not, Harden is judged on a different pedestal than everyone else on the team because he's the leader.

That's the reason you can't say "if anyone else on the team played like Harden tonight...". No one else is getting paid like Harden or is expected to play like Harden but Harden himself.

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

excellent post.

13. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Excuse me, what game are u watching? We lose, ok. But dont go saying lin and parsons defense are off tonight. Rewatch the game, yes, i am calling you out and dont drop me that LOF argument.

14. mesta

mesta Member

I tought Mchale had already taken care of this:mad: Popovich and Duncan must have studied The twolves game where KLove was baiting Asik and asik had no choice to come out.
    Why didn't Mchale put a big to help asik? I know if Smith and asik were on the court together, they will clog the lane. But what about D-MO? He is tall enough to distrupt Duncac's shoot by putting his hand up ,forcing Duncan to get into the paint and face asik.

15. Viola

Viola Member

Alexey Shved

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

17. VanityHalfBlack

Maybe I should start watching The Last Crusade???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WGpq-LDV6jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. wendzall

wendzall Member

is it me or does it seem like when asik plays well on both ends rockets usually win games.
    they've lost games with harden scoring well, and have lost with lin playing well. but i've yet to see a game where asik has performed well and the rockets lost. i'm i delusional here or is he the key factor in this young team.

19. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

“They were unbelievable tonight. I had a nice stretch early in the third quarter but those guys have been great all season so I kind of joined in on the scoring today. The main thing is that we beat another great team that has been rolling." - Manu Ginobili

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin, Harden, and Parsons all had excellent offensive games. But the Spurs' Big 3 + Danny Green played unbelievably, and when they do, the Spurs will beat any team in the league.

Plus, Asik's foul trouble limited his effectiveness and inflicted Cole Aldrich upon us.