1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2012.

1. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Prediction that Lin doesn't. At this stage in his career, he doesn't play well against elite competition.

2. me005

me005 Member

Put Duncan into foul trouble, Harden/Lin will penetrate at ease. Blair and Splitter can't stop Asik and our guards.

Even though I want them to win one for Harden, I think we have a better chance in beating Spurs than Thunder.

One at a time, let's go for 6 IN A ROW!

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

I hope you are being sarcastic considering he put up 38 (a career high) last time they play.

Not expecting a win but would absolutely love a split of the next two games.

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Hate to break this to you, but Tim Duncan has not been officiated the same way as other bigs since...probably before you started watching basketball.

Duncan will hack a player on the elbows, and this is considered a blocked shot, while Sean Elliott raves about Duncan's "defensive presence."

Duncan will hook his defender with his off-arm and this is not considered an offensive foul, while Sean Elliot raves about Duncan's "great footwork."

Are you seeing a pattern here? The chance of Tim Duncan being in foul trouble by the fourth quarter, especially in a game played in San Antonio, are virtually nil.

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Unfortunately, our streak will end tonight. We're tired from the long road trip and have just downed some pretty good teams - sapping a lot of energy out of our legs. The Spurs are the Spurs. They've been there, done that and are the league best at running every kind of sets and defensive schemes the coach dishes at them. Their core (Duncan, Parker and Ginobili) has been intact since the beginning of time and seem ageless.

The keys to victory lies on our transition D and bench scoring, both of which we still have problems with mostly due to our youth and inexperience. If we can pull ourselves together with our starters playing like the way they've been, we may be able to sneak a W onto a schedule tonight.

Good luck boys!

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

hoping Lin rebounds from a bad game and sparks our offense to get everyone going tonight.

7. me005

me005 Member

He did get 4 fouls last time we played them, but I do agree with you that he's not being officiated the same way. I remember last game where he set a screen by sticking his leg out and almost injured Morris with his metal knee pad, and I think Morris end up being called for a foul on Parker... SMH superstar treatment :rolleyes:

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

This is our true test and I think we should beat them to show this winning streak was not a fluke. Losing this and the one vs. OKC would put us right back to where we were a few games ago. We need to maintain our play to say the team has truly improved imo, they need to stay focused and not be content with their little streak.

9. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Not if Joey Crawford is officiating the game tonight :grin:

10. Comic Book Nerd

Reading Lately:
    The Walking Dead
    Chew

Favorites:
    Bone
    The Walking Dead
    Why I Hate Saturn
    Fables
    Astonishing X-Men (Joss Whedon run)
    Optic Nerve
    The Authority
    Phonogram
    Demo
    Sandman
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Top 10
    Ronin by Frank Miller
    Sin City

And I could go on and on and on :)

11. rocketsmetalspd

Watch Ducan not get call for any illegal defense and over the back on his tip rebounds and Spurs complaining all night about getting call for fouls. This is game where Pop will pull out all the stops to get the W. I am hoping for the Rockets to get the W.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The man in the hat is back! Lol... Thanks for taking one for the team ;)

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

If Lin plays badly and gets benched early we may have a better chance. Other PGs always want to perform better when playing against Lin - Parker's first ever triple-double, Calderon's triple double... And of course some failed miserably a la Lowry and Felton.

Tony Parker will be fired up again tonight.

14. SirKen

SirKen Member

Way off!

For starters, Calderon got all those assists because our inside defense was atrocious at the game in Toronto. I might be wrong but TD also didn't do a good job stopping him from scoring himself.

Parker is... Parker. You cannot stop him easily without some help and good switches in defense.

I think the key point for this game will be the performance of our PGs. We can win if Lin shows up and orchestrates the offense. I don't even care if his shots are not falling as well as it should. We will have to break open their defense.

I would have been more hopeful if there was another playmaking PG in our roster though. Hopefully Beverley can fill that need in the coming games.

15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

What is it about Lin that makes people on both side of the fence put their foot in their mouths so often?

Although there may be some merit in your statement(MIA, OKC, & LAL), obviously you can't overlook that he had 38pts and 7asts against the Spurs the last time they played. He was also decent against the Knicks (13pts, 3ast and 22pts, 8ast), the Bulls(last game 20pts, 10ast) and the Grizzlies (15pts, 3ast, and 15pt, 11ast). Hawks (21pts 7ast), jazz (13pts 3ast and 19pts and 8asts) this season. They all should(jazz?) be playoff teams this year.

They're not Harden type numbers, but the team doesn't need or expect him to score a lot. They'd probably be extremely happy with 15pts and 6-7 asts per game and he's pretty close to those numbers in the last 10 games since McHale rejoined the team.

16. liubaoxin

liubaoxin Member

If you were sitting around a gambling Russion Roullet table, I would punch you on the face !!! Call the damn security !!!

That is what we Asians call it, the "Crow Mouth", a definite loser in life !!!

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Take one for the team :p

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He dropped 38 on the Spurs and Tony Parker last time so maybe your statement is not based on fact?

19. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Lin was able to get his 3-pointers going last time we faced Spurs. I doubt he'll be this time.
    But if he can hit mid-range jumper or those long-2s with foot on the line, I'll take it.

20. jeffyisme

jeffyisme Member

There is obviously a typo in the previous one, so here's the revised version. :grin:

[​IMG]

Credit goes to "pepsitetsu" at ptt.cc, a Taiwanese bulletin-board site.
    He's the original artist.