1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/27/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2016.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Very true. Numb more like it.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol should go up? Easier said than done man. This is reality. That's pretty tough when he gets less than half the minutes he's used to throughout his career, in a completely different system without even close to same usage. People can put all the blame they want in this guy. Someone needs to be the scapegoat right. If the rockets do decide to move on from him, it's not going to be the solution the many problems rockets struggle with.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Meh the plan has worked the team went to the WCF last year and ran into what history may determine as the greatest team of all time. This year we bring back that same core and add a former star PG that on paper fit our needs.

I don't blame Morey for an underachieving team. Who the hell saw this mediocrity before the season began?! Blame McHale sure the Rockets didn't run a system. The problem as I see it was not adding Thibs or finding a coach that runs a true system and has a defensive plan.

The talent is there but there is no dedication to defense and no system to create easier shots. The Warriors and the Spurs have that we do not.

3 people like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This right here is the flat out truth.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

Blame Less for letting Morey coach this team. Morey is a great GM, but not a great coach. Alexander should bring his own coach, not let Morey bring in one puppet after another.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

good points here.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why couldn't Morey find a head coach?
    AS a GM, u don't understand what the good coach is

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Is it too much to ask to lose by like ten?

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'll start watching this team again if/when there's a big trade, not before

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I too..am at that point... Watching garbage basketball just pisses me off.

This team needs a Ryan Anderson like 4..that can shoot, and play average defense. And Ryan can rebound.

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I don't get this.. how can anyone not be pissed by the immense pounding without lube your team takes on national TV??? I guess everyone deals with losses differently but that was just an absolute embarrassment. I'm pretty sure my REC league squad could drop 100 pts on this team... well I guess we have lost hope in this season, but still it REALLY ****ing sucks watching your team not give 2 ****s about playing any sort of defense & showing any pride.

12. dchoye

dchoye Member

The bad. If the playoffs start immediately we play the Spurs
    The good. It's still a while till playoffs.

13. You Stone

You Stone Member

05-06 season all over again. Added Stromile Swift, Derek Anderson and Skip to My Lou to a team consisting of:

Wesley
    Sura
    McGrady
    Yao

We had a promising young rookie in Head (Harrell). The rest of our bench was solid with Barry, Bogans, Juwan Howard, Chuck Hayes and Motombo.

I would trade the 5-11 PG we have this season for the 5-11 PG we had that season (Jon Lucas).

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This was the first game with Howard/Smith in rotation, etc. Give it a few more game for some sync to happen.

We need to deal Jones/Thornton though... They don't bring anything to the team.

They are to streaky. We need guys who can match up well against the Spurs/Warriors...

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think the point is they've been doing this all season so if you are mad and upset at this point you're just a glutton for punishment. I'm happy if the Rockets win but lets be honest at this point they won't win 50 games so just enjoy the ones they do win and the ones they lose take with a grain of salt. You're mad about National TV but it doesn't matter everyone knows we suck this year. Take comfort from the fact that you have Harden, Dmo, and Capela. They are very young and one day everything will fit and we might win a championship especially DM as our GM. Never know who he will bring here.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is not the goal.

DD

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Have realistic goals.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp... I was close!

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It maybe semantics but you said plan not goal.

The plan of building a contender without tanking and retaining cap flexibility has worked but the ultimate goal hasn't been achieved. Up until this season there has been progress.

Find a coach and install a system before we blow it all up.

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

+1 .