1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/24/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2007.

1. jshabang

jshabang Member

before the charge...my man......

look all i'm sayin is duncan killed us in the final 2 minutes....chuck, howard, hell i don't care who it was............had chuck not got that charge u are lookin at the spurs going up, and momentum totally shifting

all i'm sayin is deke is the best match up against this slow spurs team......and him being on the bench in the final 2 minutes made us all bite our nails to numbs up until about 45 secs left in the game

2. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

nba.com, it's just 1st-half highlight for now. wait for another hour or so.

3. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

OK, We can officially say now that spurs cannot match us anymore. Now we need to figure out how to beat suns and mavericks.

4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

don't underestimate the spurs, come playoff time there experience will show if they match against us rockets.

5. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Great! Great! win!!! Rafer did awesome!!!!!!!!! oh yeah tmac also! :D

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Agree!! but the point is that Rox are officially at spurs' level and if I may add younger which gives us the lead!!

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Its official, Rockets > Spurs

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

9. Ducky

Ducky Member

I'd say it's a typical T-Mac's game, but it's a typical Rox game, JVG's game.

we lost 17 games straight in San Antonio, but in this season, we beat the Spurs without Tracy, and again without Yao.

What a game, Rox GO~~~~~~~~GO GO ROX

10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

its a good win though, I think Tmac is underestimated in this league at the moment, since yao went down he has been showing everybody he can be still a top 5 in the league

11. Jimes

Jimes Member

Is anyone else ready for the playoffs to hurry up and get here?? ;)

12. deshen

deshen Member

Too much TOs, but great win

13. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

No. Wait until Yao come back 1st and another two weeks.

14. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Spurs will be a force in the playoffs for probably the next two years...

However, we match up well with them and our defense is every bit as good.. :cool:

Great win.

btw Raferbashing has disappeared after this game... lol posters are so fickle :D

15. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

This just in ... the Rockets arent the only team in the NBA to blow big leads. Every team this year has blown a lead at least once. No one likes to see it but this IS a professional league. There are very few gimmes. The Rockets just need to work better at finishing off games. That Denver game hurt last Saturday, that one we should have won, no excuses!

16. dsmith

dsmith Member

I can remember when the ROX won twice in San Antonio.
    Greate game! ;)

17. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

This game very nearly put me into cardiac arrest. Great win, though. Sure, the Spurs made a run, but all teams do, and especially this one. The important thing to note is that we made big shots when it mattered, and held on against a GREAT team- no need to complain about losing the lead, we held on to it.

I don't know if I've screamed more at any point this season than when T-Mac hit that clutch 3-point play at the end. Man, that was great. I love this team, so much heart.

Who would have thought we'd be 10-5 without Yao, over a tough stretch of the season?

18. randomdude

randomdude Member

WOAH! THAT WAS BY FAR THE BEST GAME IVE EVER GONE TO! I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE ARENA AND IT FELT GREAT WATCHING THE ROCKETS FIRING AT ALMOST ALL CYLINDERS.
    some of my observations...our defense is really good and all our players noe exactly how to switch and help on defense. TD might have scored some but he was well contained and as for the other spurs...they sucked...bc theyre old and also bc of our defense.
    our offense was hitting their open shots and I loved our execution in the fourth quarter. we can ONLY get better once Yao gets back. it might take a week or two for the team to adjust once Yao is back but we can only get better.
    As far as the game atmosphere goes, it was great representing the rockets in that warehouse looking arena and it was def. worth the drive from Austin. I also found a good deal on seats so Tmac actually chunked the deuce at me. Quite possibly the best moment of my life.

19. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

nice! t-mac probably said, "i chunk up tha duece fo the north and tha south, boys talkin down, i got dem diamonds in my mouth." :D

20. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

A great win!
    After Yao coming back, we can beat any team in this league except Suns. JVG has to find a way to beat the Suns, SAS, Mavs, Jazz and LALs all find their own ways and beat the Suns, why do we always loose to them.