1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/2/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Drogba

Drogba Member

This forum sure does love Dwight. That's how low expectations are on here for him now. Only a couple of years ago he was argued as being better than LeBron. Dude's lowkey a cancer. 3rd straight team that's collapsed with him on the roster, can't be a coincidence anymore.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's Rockets ball

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

JBB:

We turned the ball over a few times during that stretch. Their D ramped up. They're obviously a good defensive team. We got slowed down, missed shots. Our movement was good tonight. Against that team, because of their firepower on both sides, you gotta keep chipping. We gave up demoralizing plays.

Defensive standpoint?

In the post we could have been more physical. Diaw & Aldridge were scoring close to the basket. We could have limited their touches & held our ground. Post D, gotta hold your ground at some point and force tough shots over you.

(Spurs) know the shots that are important. They want to take the 3 & rim out of the game. That said, we were able to penetrate their D from the perimeter. We had our opportunities and created things we wanted but didn't finalize the play.

Jason came in and gave us a boost. It was a 20 point game and giving KJ an opportunity. Dwight wanted to stay in to get rhythm.

4. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

As long as the Rockets have their own 1st round pick in the draft, Id keep JBB and dump everyone for younger guys and draft picks. And stop drafting "combo", "raw", "tweener" players.

5. Damion Laverne

We are the least competitive second-half team in the damn league. What a shame!

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

All coaches should be fired

7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

That is absolutely rich....so, you hang your hat on winning USA Team Gold out of a career. Let me guess ...was the best player on his 10-12 year old rec team.Money...oh, yeah he has plenty of that no doubt...ought to be arrested for stealing cause he damn sure doesn't earn it.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Somebody get in Jones face and tell him to play like he is 6"10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x0moTOcCAJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Was this part of the "NO NICKLE" campaign? ... :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Question:
    What the bell was Dwight still doing out there with 2min left and we were down by 20pts?

If he would of got hurt AGAIN, that would of been the stupidest part of the game!!!
    Glad LES is saving money though!!!! :rolleyes:

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That isn't what happened though, Harden was throwing the ball to the other team, and then dribbling the clock out and throwing the ball all over the gym. He was lost on rotations countless times. No matter what the defense is, he is payed to create a double team and he didn't even do that. They played him straight up most of the night.

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we were only down by 3 - when this all started to happen

12. Drogba

Drogba Member

Clearly gave up at that point, his confidence deteriorated after every indvidual mistake, saw another blowout on the horizon and mentally checked out.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Worst season of Rockets history?

Even Martin, Brooks and Scola lineup could provide me more beautiful basketball.

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Agree...Dwight shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron. I could give you a list about 40 names long that he doesn't belong with playing NOW.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dropped the last 4 and 5 of the last 6.

still no changes?

16. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden did not "dribble out the shot clock" today. Far from it. He was invisible in the 2nd half.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically....I dont see the ball enough to get a rhythm....so let me stay in now while .....HE...sits

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

the first half of the game and the 3rd I saw him dishing off to open players...i get what your saying and I'm taking that into account...however at some point, JB chose not to call TIMELY timeouts as well as make substitutions AGAIN and Harden just got frustrated. Just my opinion. Make the right subs and timely timeouts and maybe we're not even having a need to have this TAKE on the game. Pops put in I think Leonard and something dumb happened and the next play he took him out the game ASAP. JB would never conceive of doing such a thing

19. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

That is your opinion, mine is that he's so good he makes bad teams like Orlando and Los Angeles playoff teams.

Don't act like that Nash, Koba, Metta, Gasol and Dwight team was good. Thats some old people put with Dwight. They were 7th seed. Losing Dwight dropped them lower than that. Harden without Dwight got us 8th seed.
    Harden with Dwight got us 4th seed, then 2nd.

The Dwight leaving Orlando gave them a lot of resources. For just one player being gone, the team collapsed. There was no one who could fill the presence Dwight had, period.

So yeah, Dwight is actually a great player and still a top 5 center in the league. Shame on anyone who spits out the crap the media is telling you.

20. Rocketeer4Life

Morey has a lot to blame for this. His strategy is to get or trade for the most talented players out there regardless of character and chemistry. While the Spurs pick their players based on the latter. I think it is safe to say Howard and Harden can't play together and the rest of the role players can't play well with both of em together.