1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 11/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2013.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

Yes, that + our defense is what got we killed today. But look at how many open 3s we can get, and if we can fix our defense...

I am not worried.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

What are you talking about? In the 4th it was pretty much bev, Parsons and DH12. Lin didn't do anything in the 4th.

3. Reach

Reach Member

I'm pissed at Lin for the TO's, but without him we get blown out. Nobody else could have carried that scoring load this game (Parsons and Dwert are even more TO prone).

4. SirKen

SirKen Member

Last play when coming from 3 points behind:

1. Sixers get the ball to Anderson for a 3-point play WHO IS THEIR HOT HAND FOR THE NIGHT
    2. McHale calls a play that gets the ball to Garcia WHO HAS BEEN COLD EVEN SINCE PRESEASON and WE HAVE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN SHOOTING 8-13 TONIGHT AND 45.5% SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Just this alone tells you why we won't make it deep into the playoffs.

5. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Growing pains. Lin played awesome for 48 minutes. Howard was beasting for a while. We called some bad plays, didn't box out and didn't stay in front of Anderson. Hope we work the kinks out and start gelling at the right time. Glad it's early in the season.

Parsons is emblematic of our youth. Makes a great block then a boneheaded drive into a bunch of defenders. Lin shoots a great three and then jumps in the air and turns the ball over. Have to work on consistency and decision making down the stretch. Garcia needs to get his shot back. Cassipi too. And the coaching needs to step up too. And at this stage in the season, think we can go to our bench more to save our starters energy for the long season.

Lots to work on.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Seriously I always liked James Anderson's game but dammit did he have to do it against the Rockets of all teams?? Damn he was definitely sending a message to the organization.

7. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

It seems like Garcia took the shot only because that one guy had his hand on him. Way too risky though (clearly), since it was a bad angle for the ref and it was only the guy's hand, not like one of those sweep through shots.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

I would put more blame on McHale. Lin got 34 points/12 Assists. TOs are problem, but everyone knows he's not a complete player yet. He's your 6th man. If you expect him to be a star, then start calling him one... because that's what he is.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Some posters are so damn stupid, all they can do is complain about Lin no matter what he does. First of all you wouldn't even be in the game without Lin, he had a good game despite the turnovers. It's not like he wasn't all over Anderson tonight, he was consistently getting beat, Anderson was just super hot tonight.

1 person likes this.
  10. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I usually do not like to blame a loss on anyone. But this one is definitely on Coach McHale. It's basketball 101: when you led by 3 and had a foul to give, you need to use it:mad:

He simply rode his starters too hard earlier. Should have used the bench, time-outs, etc. Do whatever he can management the time so his best players can have a longer rest after a two-double-overtime game. Phil Jackson and Popovich are among the best, doing that. This is why they are the best coaches.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly!

12. RRockets

RRockets Member

This guy can't see the forest for the trees.

13. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

Parsons is just stat padding hoping for a big payday. There is no W in him i think.

14. dianelo

dianelo Member

I'm pissed McHale does not give Brewer a single minute when we are short handed and the opposing SG goes off like this. :mad:

15. booster rocket

tough loss to a scrappy supposedly tanking sixer team. yes bad coachin, but the guys just plain need more time to gel. slightly off lobs and pnr. dwight looks like needs more expereince with his newfound post moves. must work on finesse. if no asik trade for a legit pf. that is the big weakness i think. go rox

16. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

call me crazy but i think the Rockets would be better with Lin facilitating the offense and running PnR with Howard while Harden plays off the ball.

17. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

All we had to do was foul.

18. ILoveWhiteGirls

The fact that James Anderson couldn't guard Lin either which explains why he went off with a huge game. he didn't play that great of a defense either, lol.. Oh the irony.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I noticed when Lin gets extended minutes/gassed his TOs tend to rise.

I think he needs to work on his conditioning or pace himself better, but not sure either will happen. He just plays on all cylinders most the time and burns out.

20. playdo

playdo Member

Two missed free throws by Parsons, Dwight Howard and bad play with Garcia shooting the contested shot (he was fouled). Mchale should have one or two go-to play at the end. T. Jones needs to box out when Dwight goes for a block.