1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 10/11/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by droxford, Oct 11, 2005.

1. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

But they are still watching rockets... ;) :D

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Luther looks like a young Cuttino, with more court vision. He is smooth on his jumper, and he runs like a gazelle. He is skying for rebounds, and getting his arms up trying to get some steals. This guy will be an impact player. He's got a quick release. Geeze, he just stole the ball and finished with a short jumper.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

is he ever! what a steal. head may end up as our backup PG this season.

what do you think about these minutes?

tmac 38 - JB 10
    wesley 24 - DA 24
    rafer 30 - head 18

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

It's Luther Head AKA MiniMac AKA Isiah Thomas AKA Non NBDL Player

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Never gets old! :D

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

where's glover?

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lets not compare luther to isiah thomas.

luther's probably a better GM.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn you know its preseason when the game thread has the same number of pages as there are quaters in a game. :p

anyways, im thinking that JVG will give the players that he didnt play today heavy mins, so I expect to see JB, Bowen, Glover, etc.. play tommorrow. Hopefully Swift will play too.

9. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

game 1 of the preseason guys. everyone chill out, i still don't think LH will end up in the rotation.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would agree with those minutes if Head keeps this up. But I also expect him to make some rookie mistakes as the year progresses. If head can be resilient and keeps his efforts up, he might break JVG's image of not playing rookies enough. JVG rewards hard work.

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

LOL

I was kidding, but Head was the best player in the second half. He will get some minutes this year.I am listening to Philly radio and they are raving about Luther.They say he's what won the game for Houston. they just said he's head and shoulders above the competition (I am not kidding). You can listen to the entire Philly broadcast within the next 7 days on NBA.COM

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

First half
    Alston
    Wesley
    Tmac
    Howard
    Yao

First half
    Alston
    Wesley
    Anderson
    Howard
    Yao

Wow. Rafer looks great. It looks like JVG might hjave to force him to shoot because it seems like all he is interested in is assisting. Just wow - becaue I did not expect much from him. No one has passed to Yao like this ever in Yao's career (although I did not see him in CBA). His passes are even better than Tmac's. Yao is going to love this guy.

Wow. Luther Head. What a steal. Just wow. Maybe too many wows since this is pre-season but this dude has been very interesting. He can defend, assist, rebound, shoot.....and electric. JVG is going to love this guy if he keeps it up.

Derick Anderson is going to be great. He is healthy now and his shot stroke looks great. His defense looks decent as well. His handle is very impressive. He is also selfless. Good job today.

Kudos to Lonie. Grerat great job tonight - we are indeed 3 deep at the 4 position. Lonie can hold his own as a backup even to a small extent as a starter. I never knew he could be this effective even though I followed him a lot in Maryland (thanks to my previous love for Steve and my Terp "roots"). He can rebound, score and move his foot very well.

Moochie is in great shape and could add good depth. His shot looks good and his stamina and decision making is above average. Keith Langford has done well. He reminds me a little of Mobley on shorter and also maybe not as accurate shooting from long range. The UK kid is doing well too - very active.

I haven't seen Glover yet. I believe coach gave Barry an off day or so. Stromile is out with a mild muscle bruise in his tie.

I did not have much expectation but I have been pleased a whole lot.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, I know it's just preseason, and I shouldn't get too excited about a young players preseason performance (anybody remember when Cato gave us a triple double in the preseason and had the fans chanting his name as he left the court?) but Luther Head looked fantastic. I know you can't judge a player by just one performance, particularly in the preseason, but if I HAD to make a guess at how good he's going to be, I'd say the worst case scenario is that he's going to be a Mike James type. He may be much, much better though.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

LOL! That's a classic! :D :p

{still snickering}

15. rmartine

rmartine Contributing Member

Quote:
    Bill Worrell: "That Head looks good going to the hole"
    Matt B.: "I'm not touching that one"
    "Unexpected Silence"

16. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Bull crap! Trade T-Mac for a power forward. We don't need two premiere perimeter scorers! Head's takin' us all the way baby!

P.S. - The proper joke would be, "don't let early preseason success go to your Head." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Did you see him in the first half? He still looks terrible..

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

It is going to be long season :D

Luther's lastname is laced with land mines.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Don't worry about turnovers in preseason, folks. The orders from JVG were to pass. That will lead to turnovers on a team that's playing together for the first time. You just have to go through it till each guy figures out where to expect the others to be.

20. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I think Luther Head is better than Moochie Norris.