1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Shave the beard, clone the gathered DNA into another James Harden, create a bearded dynasty.

It's that simple.

I'm serious.

amaru likes this.
  2. SORF

SORF Member

He always plays big when he arrives, but after a few weeks, he won't be able to hit the side of a barn...the 76ers are welcomed to him with my blessings!:p

BasketMAD, MC31B and amaru like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

On the bright side, Faried looked ok.

adw likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

yo bro, are u being sarcastic? Harden was giving his teammates so many open shots, they were just bricking it. Please watch more games and pay attention to all dem open looks generated by Harden cause this post is pretty bad.

#1424 DatRocketFan, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    adw likes this.
  5. T-Mac+921

T-Mac+921 Member

But how does that look ? You win basketball games by making the right plays. Harden isn't concerned with doing that. He's letting the scoring tear he's on get to his head.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Gordon has got to be mentally tougher than that he was stronger mind wise than he has been this season

7. Mr. Space City

only thing i didn't like about this game was when sixers players were getting in harden's face and taunting him and ****, nobody on the rockets did **** about it.

Bearded13, hakeem94, split41 and 6 others like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't think he should come back up .... because realistically they aren't gonna play him . Now that farried is on the roster (a "proven" NBA player ) he's gotta get 25 + mpg or until his legs die .

Farried was in no way ready to play for us tonight . He had no idea what to do . But he got time because he's a veteran .

Better to just play the rest of the season out in the g-league and focus on adding a jumper so he can play next season .

9. HP3

HP3 Member

It was hard for us to score cause no one outside of Harden could do anything offensively. And that let them get more comforable with their double. Also Nene kept fouling Embid and looked slow. I just dont think he can play that many minutes at his age anymore as well.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nene wasn't the answer, who's left? Chriss (garbage) and brand new undersized Faried. We don't even have competent bigs, kind forced between playing an ineffective smallball team or a shtty composition of bigs.

Trade needs to happen and I bet we gonna have to give up our first round pick once more.

HP3 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh, if we keep losing, I think they might try something differnt, but we''ll see. Itd be awesome if he got a reliable 3 point shooter though, would add a new dimension to our offense.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What do you mean right plays? if Harden passes to a wide open shooter, that's the right play and it's the shooters fault for not making the shot.

ak99999 and Mr. Space City like this.
  14. MC31B

MC31B Member

Hey Mike, I'm 5'11 and offering my services to start at center. Willing to take a minimum contract.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm usually the one saying Harden needs to pass to the hot players more, but OMG, nobody was hot tonight. Harden was 12-23 when the rest of the team was like 12-41 at one point. Now that is just sad.

ak99999 and SORF like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If you call Harden selfish, you clearly do not understand basketball, or watch the Rockets on a game to game basis.

Anonymous ESPN reporter, is that you?

hakeem94 and adw like this.
  17. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

Yeah I definitely didn’t agree with that, especially because he elected to go with Ennis. However, I understand the move was to space the floor more with the hopes of the ball starting to go in. It was just a perfect storm of bs that went against us with the poor shooting and the lopsided officiating, but we’ve been running small ball lineups effectively for the last couple years. It only looks like **** when the ball isn’t dropping. I think the game plan from the beginning was to let Embid get his and stop everyone else, but it back fired when we weren’t able to make shots.

hakeem94 and YallMean like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He shouldn't have to get a 3 down tI justify being played though . I feel like that is mikes criteria for young player

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  19. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Leave and go watch a different sport.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Like i said we need fariad n lopez. Oh n where that guy who said something bout clark again. Looks i was right. N yall was giving me a hard time. He just isnt ready right now. If he cant hit 3s he cant be out there