1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 4/2/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Somehow, there's a racist gesture in there, I just know it you communist scum.

2. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

It's so sad, some people here clam them-self a "team fan". But they just single Lin out and pick on him all game long for every mistake he made and on every game no matter he played good or bad. Some languages used on the forum were really unpleasant and uneducated. I never see any other team's forum just pick on one player like Rocket forum. Basket ball is team play sport, you can not just single out one player for the blame all the time.

Clutch should do some thing about this.

3. red32

red32 Member

Soon enough, you're gonna be talking to yourself in here. :grin:

4. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I want Lin to succeed a much as anybody in the world. I literally want the guy to average 25 points and 10 assists a game. The guy is a class act and a good dude, thats why I hate this argument. I was so excited after the Portland game because I thought Lin had turned the corner after his injury, but he hasn't. I'm just questioning why I'm getting attacked for criticizing his game recently like i'm some kind of "hater".

Jeremy wasn't close to the reason we lost this game. Parsons was ****, Harden looks like he doesn't give a rats ass (seriously WTF is wrong with him), Asik was trying to be Hakeem. It's just this is the perfect time for our 8 million a yr guy to step up and he hasn't. Is that really unfair to say?

5. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin played like crap in the first half

Down 20,coach benched harden and Parsons for lazy D in the 3rd

Casspi, Lin Garcia and caanon played great both ways in the 3rd

Got it down to 2 in the 4th

Parsons come back in and does nothing in the last 8 min

Lin get some rest and comes back in with 3 min. Left

Harden hurts his hand

Harden and Parsons defer to Lin

Down 8, Lin almost brings us back

Lin steals, gets fouled, no call, we lose

6. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Lin didn't shoot well in the 1st half but led the 2nd team in 30-17 run at the end of 3rd quarter to 5 min left in the 4th quarter.

McHale had to give him a breather and brought him back with 3 min left.
    Harden, Parsons, Lin gave it all they got but their legs were dead tired.
    Refs call favored the home team and Raptors avoided the upset.

Rockets lost this game but they fought hard.
    This could easily have been a 20-pt blowout.
    They'll be allright when Dwight and Bev are back.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Mchale suffers from insanity.

8. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Good post. This site isn't persuadable. Clutchfans should rename itself to Lin Derangement Syndrome.com.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Lin was the guy most responsible for the loss, not by a long shot. Like you said, he had a big hand in the bench unit run that cut down on the big lead-- and he was mostly sitting when the team fell behind huge in the third. He made some mistakes and missed some shots but he wasn't the only one. The guy played hard and did more good than bad tonight.

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

For some reason, this post is a whole lot more reasonable than all those generalizing 90% Asian nonsense. Let's stick to basketball.

I never have the hope or wish that Lin becomes 25-10, as I don't see him capable of doing that. I want him to play consistently and aggressively, and learn from his mistakes. That's all. Everything else will take care of itself.

Criticizing is different than attacking him viciously at every single opportunity, no matter how stretched it may be, in every single thread. Not saying you did that, but there are quite a few characters standing out. To me, that kind of behavior had nothing to do with supporting team or enjoying basketball or at moment of heat. It's personal, but since Clutch has declared that no one hates Lin, it's all fine.

11. adobo

adobo Member

Lol...I don't think were at that stage yet...but it feels like that the more we lose games.

I just feel the Rox are about 10-15% off there best bball because of key injuries, and that is enough to lose to playoff teams the way we have been losing.

I ain't mad or stressed at this stage...just hope Howard comes back and Bev can come back prior to the playoffs.

12. calcium

calcium Member

Some clarification required perhaps.

Am not saying Lin played well or not well here.

Just saying that in the 9 minutes that he was not on the court,
    we went 19 points in the negative.

That much you can work out from these numbers.

There is no bearing on any individual player's performance.

Make your conclusions from that, if you may.

13. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

Thank you.

14. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

not at all. very good assessments. ;)

15. yummyhawtsauce

pretty much this, i went to the game tonight, lin didn't shoot well but i thought he did everything mostly well...im surprised harden wasn't more assertive at the end? did he get hurt? The foul disparity was a huge problem too, our players got hit a lot...one question, on tv, when lin dug the ball out in the corner at the very end, how obvious was the foul?

16. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

Well said.

17. torocan

torocan Member

*yawn*

Was going to post an analysis but it looks like a lot of people already made up their minds on who was responsible for the loss... before the game started.

Have a nice night all.

18. cruwinas_lawona

Portland has 6 games left. 5 at home against PHX, NOP, SAC, GSW (Bogut?), LAC and one on the road @UTA. Rockets are allowed no more than two loses, because POR can finish 6-0.

19. masc0635

masc0635 Member

Can anybody post a game highlight? Thanks,

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

Is there a point of game threads anymore? This is not much different from other Lin threads. 90% of posts are about Lin.