1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/9/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2018.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Will take another winning streak to keep HC throughout the playoffs. Let's get it started on Sunday. Go Rockets!!

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I find it promising that we were a wide open Chris Paul three away from winning in a game we played that bad in. And if that was just a solid performance by Harden, I dunno what more you can expect from him. That might have been the best game I’ve seen him play as a rocket. The shooting efficiency not getting to the line but constantly driving and getting layup after layup. Not settling for threes. And the effort he showed on defense at the end. I saw nothing but positives and I can guarantee in the playoffs Kyle Lowry will not shoot 7-9 from three 4 out of 7 games.

Mr Chuck Norris, Deuce, OTMax and 3 others like this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'm not sure if was it Capela who couldn't jump as much as he was jumping into the face of a true center. Valanciunas gave everyone problems. We only went 5-14 from the field against him.

CP3 couldn't get off his shot at the rim all night long. The Raptors knew that he was looking to pass and that makes playing defense possible.
    The Raptors have all that size and are built to compete against the Cavs. Right now, I would say they win that series.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pretty much this. No team goes 82-0.

Since tunnel gate we have played 17 teams with a winning record (virtually all of them coming into the game hyped AF trying to make a statement) and we have gone 15-2.

We lost to the 3rd best team in basketball, in their gym, and had a good look at a 3 to take the lead in the last minute. If you are seriously aggravated about this loss you really need to take a breath and reconsider your expectations because they are unrealistically high.

Game meant everything to Toronto and their fans, they're a really good club, and they played well. Give them some credit

bro2044 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You should look at Nash's career from 33yrs old and after. Also, take a look at John Stockton, who made it to the Finals at age 34 and 35...and the best record in the NBA at age 36, and 2nd best at age 37.

Then imagine Paul playing for a D'Antoni team.

hope that makes you feel a little bit better about paying luxury taxes. :)

6. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

i don't mind that we lost what pisses me off is drake's prediction

ak99999, mathor and Cstyle42 like this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That made me want to see Hou blow them the f out

Mr Chuck Norris and ak99999 like this.
  8. rockets13champs

Harden and Paul combine to average 50/17 a game

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pay that man.. i swear he is as close as a man can get to playing a perfect basketball..he is limited athletically but skillwise hes the best..and he is a JOY to watch...such a POISE...
    PAY HIM THE MAX

10. touring_low

touring_low Member

Just finished watching the replay of the game, if only CP3 had made that corner 3 with few secs left in the 4th. The game would've been ours, but hey im not sweating this loss. On to the next one.

houston19519 likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ima be honest at 5-9 first quarter i was in the bar i missed the very first like 6 mins. But as i sit down to order my beer within 5 possessions both ways I knew we were going to lose. I looked to my cuzz n said they are not playing them like the understand not bos, not cavs but raps could be ur finqls opponent. I tried to reverse the energy with a napkin shot across the room but it wasnt enough. Still love the team. N this 2ould b3 a good lose. I told my cuzz. If u wanna win this game we gonna need old do everything harden....h3 kind of forgot he has to do that sometimes cause thr team has been so good. But now he knows. Not all the time but whhen all hope is lost he gotta go super harden n put up 30 shots

12. fiersdownbelow

When will this Drake meme go away? Dude is corny af reminds me of my uncle.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So...I'm guessing you're still at the bar.

I think they should have cut you off at some point.

Little Bit and jeffvangundy like this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Okay emotions aside, we did crawl back in it and showed some fight, but I'm still surprised by CP3's play especially in the beginning and late and do hope we can play our own game in a play-off type atmosphere and come out with more intensity.

Little Bit likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Huh na just hung over

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CP3 is slowing down a lot, he is still super smart and skilled but he is not nearly as quick as he once was, an undrafted rookie was blowing past him last night.

I am not sure you pay him the max.....not sure he is worth it...

DD

Little Bit likes this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

At this point you have no other choice but to pay him. Rep amongst the league and a chance to compete for both the 'ship and free agents like Lebron over the next couple years is at stake.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

CP is fine... it's just one game

He's a competitor and he's smart. He'll watch the tape and see his mistakes.

Not a terrible loss. This will be good tape for our team when we enter the playoffs. Teams are gonna try to take away our strengths. We need to know how to counter

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Yes, he's clearly become a lead anchor. And notice a certain undrafted scrub down at 18.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

People who saying CP3 is losing a step, do you guys realized we have had a brutal stretch with this game in Toronto and 3 games in 4 nights?

rocketman84 likes this.