1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Illegal Machine

Heard this morning on 790 that the Rox haven't won in Toronto since 06-07?

Maybe with everyone out, it'll be a trap game for the Raptors, like how we almost got Atlanta (I know Harden's playing this time).

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

And it seems like it's always cause it's an 'early start' trap game. Luckily we won yesterday's 'early start' trap game.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Capela about to come in and get his first points as an NBA player guaranteeing the win! :grin:

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Toronto has really been struggling. They were 37-17 when they came to Houston on Feb 21, and have gone 6-13 since. 4 of those wins are agianst LAL, Philly, NY, and Minny.

5. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Rockets gonna win this one. Go Clutch City rockers.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I think Kyle Lowry will still be out with a sore back. As of their last game a few days ago there was still no timetable on his return.

We should outpace them on the scoring and never look back.

7. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Alright, I'm going to take in the sunshine and believe in a win tonight! I'm very optimistic for Clint showing more flashes. I want to see a few pick-and-roll dunks and clutch rebounds to get him loose.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Capela puts up some RGV stats and the Rockets win in a blowout!

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think this could be struggly. If they're aggressive and get Josh and/or Joey in early foul trouble -- things could get ugly. Ending the game w/ Ariza on Valanciunas would be less than ideal.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Dang, I thought Donatas "The Mountain" Motiejunas would be back by this game to play against his countryman. Man, that is going to be one thin front court tonight.

Hopefully Harden can have a game to add to the MVP resume and drag us to victory, and hopefully Capela can look less like a baby deer learning to walk and more like a human basketball player. As excited as I am to see what young Capela can do, our lack of front court players has me a bit too nervous to look forward to the playing time he is going to get.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

For sure -- though, I think Harden would guard him prior to Ariza doing so (he typically is the first wing that McHale puts on bigs with a good post game (like Randolph or Aldridge)).

If we have to resort to Harden on Valancuinas though, a wing heavy scrambling, trapping, passing lane attacking defense may actually have surprisingly decent results.

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

We are due a huge win in their house. Get ready :)))

13. KlutchQT

This is kind of random -- but does anybody have any scoop on James Johnson? Like, he is a locker room problem or what? Toronto is demonstrably better with him on the floor -- and were way better w/ him starting in DeRozan's absence -- but he's practically fallen out of the rotation altogether. I can't make sense of it, especially when they're struggling the way they have been. Think he got ~16 minutes the other night and absolutely stuffed the stat sheet.

14. HookemHorns1250

Isn't he the one that destroyed us last time we played Toronto?

15. KlutchQT

This is true.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No Dwight, no TJones, no DMo, no Beverley.... haven't won in Toronto in 7 years... 2nd half of a back to back...

Yea, not looking good. This would be a top 3 win of the season if we can get it.

17. KlutchQT

Yup. 27p, 5r, 5s, 5b. And now he doesn't play at all. So weird and makes me think there has to be something else going on there. I thought it was odd that Memphis let him go so easily too, considering how good he was for them and how badly they needed scoring at the time.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I was running through the six with my woes

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have attended almost every Rockets Raptors in Toronto in the past 5 years

therefore I have yet to see them win in a game live :(:(

20. KlutchQT

Please go away lmao