1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Chris Brousard called out Lin on twitter...so messed up. the All Star game is a popularity contest. If it were based on ability or stats there would be no need for a vote. Just go down the stat sheet and have the league choose the players.

2. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I wonder what black analysts like Stephen A Smith and Chris Brousard have against Lin. It's goes beyond normal media criticism. It seems almost personal to me.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It sure stinks that you see and value race like this, and therefore perceive every slight against Jeremy Lin through the prism of racial bias.

Here's the only "Jeremy Lin tweet" he's made in weeks:

Sure is some controversial stuff there. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  4. kozmo

kozmo Member

It's simple. Lin has the ability to prove them all wrong which I think he will

He's not done, this is a bump. If it doesn't happen for him in houston it will someplace else. He's a special player. But he's going to have to prove this over and over, it's just how it is. What have you done for me lately.

5. atwood

atwood Member

Who gives a Fxxx about SAS and CB...

6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Trap game? Maybe . . . Is it so easy to forget that Toronto has blown us out every game we've played up there for years?

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

8. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman
    As expected, McHale confirms Marcus Morris will start in place of the injured Patrick Patterson today.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

10. AFS

AFS Member

Pretty much as we expected. Makes sense. Hope he has a good game.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

anybody can beat anybody in NBA...

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

With Bargnani out, don't expect Asik to single-handed bully the crud out of the Raptors like last time.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is the chance for these guys to step up and force the Rockets mgmt to play them more...If Morris starts and gets the offense rolling, that is only going to further solidify trust in him and perhaps he wont lose this spot the rest of the season.

If TJones emerges and plays like he is capable of playing he has a chance to do just that... Bottom line, is that a starting spot has just opened up, and the players have a chance to make it work...Best of luck to Morris and TJones...

14. BigMaloe

i like morris starting and i think smith will get lots of minutes... im really liking what smith has been bringing lately... i do hope jones gets some minutes(hopefully were blowing toronto out)...

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I like him better than Ppat in this offense anyway.

16. BigMaloe

exactly... i think it lets mgmt see what they will have if they were to trade ppat... i think morris is capable of being the starter...

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Ridiculous. Why doesn't Lin start at PF ahead of Morris?

Coach is obviously racist.

1 person likes this.
  18. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I can see how switching so often between SF/PF skills and defense can become annoying as a player - unfortunately that's just the way Marcus is built. If it continues for a while I think his development at either position will be stunted. The plus side with the current offense is that our PF has been playing outside the paint quite often so Morris should continue doing well tonight, and score a fair number. Hope he can display his rebounding skills tonight, and keep up with the opposite PF (thanks to a soft Raptors front court)

19. BigMaloe

i think he fits much better... he much more of a natural scorer than ppat...

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As expected, McHale confirms Marcus Morris will start in place of the injured Patrick Patterson today.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/280358268092690432" data-datetime="2012-12-16T17:06:34+00:00">December 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.