1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

ROFL totally true - I was at the game and I was like, holy crap this game is so boring...

2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Feigen needs to ask a follow-up question: "why are the reasons that you are playing terrible?" Don't say you lack energy or are being passive or sth like that, I want to hear the real reasons, the more specific reasons.

3. grunky

grunky Member

Haha we have no system. McHale is a joke of a coach & leader.

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Doghouse :grin:

5. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

32 minutes of standing in the corner? perhaps design some plays for him and see if he can pull them off before benching him?

6. Lostie

Lostie Member

It's pretty clear, Lin's a ball-centric PG who isn't in Houston's PG-centric offence. :/

7. kozmo

kozmo Member

He didn't say anything Bad about the system, he said he's struggling working inside that system. That's pretty obvious. Give him the ball and let hm go. If you want harden ball dominate then let Lin come off the bench and create

8. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Do you think he will answer with any negative comments about his teammates or coaches. I doubt it.

9. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Just because a player plays alot of minutes, does not mean they are being using correctly or being missed used. It is how he is being utilized in those minutes played that matters.

10. TTNN

TTNN Member

I actually like that idea. Well, Jeremy and Smith is a nice combo. Today Asik is cold, and pairing Jeremy and Asik is no good....

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

LOL...Rockets actually have a system?:grin: I know Harden is a great player and asset to the Rockerts, but damn I almost betting that games with the original cast before Harden came in would have been much more entertaining with Lin truly running the point. I'm sure he was going to be playing 40 plust minutes and out on injury again...oh well.:grin:

12. kozmo

kozmo Member

Clearly they are not using him in a way that's helping this team. No harden 38 points. In ny without melo 25 points a game. With melo 15

Clearly they cold find a way. To use him better right?

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin was bad today. No getting around it.

14. Lostie

Lostie Member

I don't understand you guys.

1. You complain that Lin is getting benched in the 4th when Harden and the first unit is on the court
    2. You complain that Lin isn't being "used" properly when given minutes and he should come off the bench and create then
    3. You complain that the offence isn't "right" for Lin and we should run plays for Lin

What is it? I'm confused... Lin isn't the best/only/important player on the team.

15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being passive is a real reason.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

+1 Jeremy Lin isn't even the 4th best player on the Rockets, let alone its most important.

Harden, Parsons, Asik...these guys are all more valuable to the Rockets than the Jeremy Lin sideshow.

17. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

When Lin first went to Houston, didn't articles say, that the system in Houston would be a good fit for Lin, since they run PNR a lot? I guess they didn't take into account they would get Harden

18. kozmo

kozmo Member

No he's not but he gets blamed for everything. The guy is capable of putting up great numbers and has done it consistently in a different system. That's a fact. How aout adjusting to the talents of the players you have on your team, make sense?

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Someone that actually joined in late 2012 understands that Lin isn't our best player!

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lots of talk about Gasol going to Toronto, maybe it's happening?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Congrats for the great game today @<a href="https://twitter.com/josemcalderon8">josemcalderon8</a> !! Triple double and a win, you can't ask for anything else! Keep it up mate!</p>&mdash; Pau Gasol (@paugasol) <a href="https://twitter.com/paugasol/status/280420289152700418" data-datetime="2012-12-16T21:13:01+00:00">December 16, 2012</a></blockquote>