1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 11/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Who guarded stanley johnson?

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yeah I know I'm not the only one thinking this but I'll be one of the first to say it or ask it....what other Houston Team do the Rockets remind you of in the way both teams starting their seasons this year? Hint: The other team seems to have turned things around after their coach made them run laps for making mistakes in games

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

WTF was this invalid thinking benching lawson after for the first time in weeks the offense finally started clicking? and then running a lineup with no creators and lawson/harden/howard all on the bench :rolleyes:

there is simply no excuse or explanation for this coaching ineptitude. the guy cannot think and is looking more and more like a big part of the problem the past few years. together with mchale we had tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb all along.

4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Sooo anyone still think they will turn this around or are we cooked?

5. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Why don't adjust the defense on Jackson? Maybe trap him once he crossed the halfcourt line, deny him the ball, maybe double team him in certain spots on the court. Try something different! Don't expect what is already going wrong to suddenly change out of nowhere. This is lack of coaching again, you have to adjust your defense to stop someone and you have to demand your players to execute the adjustments.

Every excuse tonight will be on the fact that this loss was on a back to back game. The fact is that the Rockets have put themselves in a spot where they cannot afford to lose any winnable game anymore.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I agree with what your saying but he did inheret this. Regardless of the popular take, he wasn't the HC. I know McHale was a puppet and all but this team went to the WCF last year. It could as well be dumb luck but the team played with fire in that Clippers series. This year it seems as if they came out with their head held to high. They are getting a dose of reality. I can't stand the way we are playing any more than the next guy.. It's truly embarrassing. I don't put this on JB though.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I think I am done watching the Rockets for awhile. I honestly see no improvement in any area. I don't see any improvement in effort or intensity. I do not see any player improvement. Any improvement from a particular player erodes into inconsistency the next game.

The "we need confidence" crap was an obvious LOL. What I find most sickening is the complete lack of pride from the players. James Harden, Dwight Howard and Ty Lawson should be embarrassed. Instead the only players showing any emotion are a 38 year old bench player (Terry) and a broken down role player (Beverley).

Replace McHale after not liking the effort? Ok.

Replacing him with McHale's 35 year old assistant? Giving up.

They trailed by 28 points against a lottery team tonight. Wait until they play a team that has the Rockets level of talent AND gives a damn.... They will lose to 40.

"This team needs confidence."......No this team needs to be humiliated and even then, as long as the checks cash and the club has champagne, they will still think they are winners.... What a bunch of losers.

8. rocketsmetalspd

Don't know what it will take to make this team come out ready to play from the start. Seems like the team had the same problem last year.

9. davidio840

Lawson has been trash all year.. Yay he made a few threes! That doesn't make you trust him.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This squad is a joke.

Yet I can't stop watching. What a sickness.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Lottery time!

12. davidio840

I feel ya lady!

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Well at least I can still watch Liverpool games.

This teams needs a change badly.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They honestly look like they don't enjoying playing basketball together. Someone said it earlier but they look like a bunch of guys who are being forced to play together who don't want to.

They just don't seem to be having fun. Totally different from last year

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bickerstaff: "This is a desperate basketball team"

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are just a bad team, have been all year.

Beverley is trash, getting blown by with ease. Sucks at what he used to be good at.

Jones is trash, can't finish at the rim at all. Again, sucks at what he used to be good at.

Howard is lazy. He still hasn't played a back to back smh.

Harden is lazy. Just blatantly quitting on defense. What a joke. If you're too sick to play, then don't play.

Ariza, meh.

Brewer sucks.

Thornton going off when the game is out of reach.

KEEPERS:

Capela
    DMo*
    *if healthy
    Harden*
    *if coach is found who holds him accountable.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That's 15 pawns, including 2 high priced underwhelming ones that the chess master built this team around. I doubt Morey has another game changing move in him to change those 2 players into something just as good/better at the moment, and if that's the case he's probably going to go down with this sinking ship.

Short of getting Pops in here and b**** slapping Harden and Howard, there's no coach available at the moment that can right this ship.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

WTF did he say this about Houston?

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yea, forgot to mention:

Lawson showed up for a few minutes. We caught a glimpse. Of course he was promptly benched. lol