1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 10/31/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2012.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Does anyone have a clip of an interview or article that addresses the Terrence Jones DNP Coach's decision . . . ????

I am sure it's been discussed here somewhere - I just can't find it - Thanks for the help !!

I was shocked !! Did he somehow get in the doghouse? Ankle flare up ? Not gonna play a rook in game 1?

Morris was awful - I counted 10 points TJ would've had that Morris fumbled away !!

2. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Welcome on board. I'm a Knicks fan but won't be watching them at all this year because of Carmelo. I strongly dislike him and his play. You got the oldest team in the league in the Knicks and the youngest in houston. I much rather watch the run and gun style of the rockets than iso melo. If this team can get a strong 4 and upgrade the bench, this team can become contenders.

3. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

does anbody have a full game torrent?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but not every run has to be as effective, or dangerous.

5. mirus

mirus Member

Welcome TKF!Congrats on ur retirement as a mod.:grin:

I hope I'm not asking to much(since u r a busy man),but
    hopefully you can post mini keys to the game(Like Mr Buttocks said).
    Those are a gem.

I'm following a few other teams this year too.

Enjoy ur stay.:)

6. kmart9419

Dolan's team is championship caliber, not even close, if assembled in the 90s.

7. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Harden had 2nd best TS% last year only to Tyson Chandler. Heck Jordan best season was 0.614. I say now way can he keep this up, but if he can post 0.630 or better and score close 30 ppg, we might talking about best season posted by SG guard ever. His PER would be out of this world.

8. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Jeremy Lin and James Harden seem to have very good chemistry from the get go. Keep it up!:)

9. kmart9419

I watched all the knicks games last year. What I noticed about lin is that he likes to utilize his big guns. He always passes to an open novak over open melo for an automatic 3. His 2 man game with chandler and stoudemire are incredible. Most of the passes to landry fields are inside for easy dunks and layups. He rarely passed to fields on the 3 point line where he just sucks. So if history holds, Lin will be passing to Harden, ALOT. Parsons will be getting lots of passes while cutting towards the basket, maybe even get some alley oops. Delfino will get alot of passes on the 3 point line. Pick and roll with Asik is already nice and should be ran more. Rockets can harden/asik and Lin/asik pnr to death. A strong shooting 4 is absolutely necessary for continue success. Asik is probably only good for 30-35 minutes and the team will need somebody else other than asik to run the pnr. I think Lin and Harden was setting picks for each other yesterday, that was awesome.

1 person likes this.
  10. tkf

tkf Member

HAHA, so you know who I am, but I don't know who you are.. was this your name on realgm?

I would love to do the keys sometimes if it is allowed here.. i will do a scaled down version of course.. LOL.. but the rockets seem to have an exciting team, it should be fun..

thanks.

11. tkf

tkf Member

yea kmart, after being a fan for over 30+ years, never had a player ran me away.. I will be keeping an eye on the knicks, but my interest will be in other places as well... especially In houston... I like the way they went about building their team, I think morey is a very good GM and the organization is top notch...

I was wondering what you guys think of Josh smith at PF? he went on record saying he was not signing extension here in Atlanta...

12. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Or Donut's making cat calls? SMH:confused:

13. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If we can get a star power forward we will be a very very strong team.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Interesting stat:
    Jeremy Lin +23
    Tony Douglas -14

15. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Welcome! I am relatively new at CF myself. Have really enjoyed this community, mostly sensible folks, though it can get heated or irrational at times between LOH and LOF. Still following some players on the Knicks?

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith?

17. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

What does MILFS mean?

18. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I've been wondering the same thing and searching as well. Of all the rooks I expected TJ to get some action. Morris didn't have a great game but it was only one game and let's see what he does going forward. I personally feel TJ is the better player. IDK, maybe McHale is thinking they have to do their time first.

19. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

I am linking this article for entertainment and info purposes only - actually pretty damn funny . . .

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981734904

James Harden Trade Down To Sexy Photos With Teammate's Girlfriend?
    November 01, 2012 01:05 PM EDT
    comments: 1
    The James Harden trade shocked sports fans recently and many were left wondering why the NBA player was suddenly traded to the Houston Rockets. Well, now there may be an answer--though it's not clear if it's the right answer or not.

According to reports, James sudden departure from the Oklahoma City Thunder team was all down to one thing: a woman.

Not just any woman, but the girlfriend of teammate Sergei Ibaka.

Apparently, Harden was spotted getting "cozy" with Sergei's girlfriend, pop singer Keri Hilson, and a photo was taken and sent to Sergei. The result seems to have been the sudden trade.

Here's what is being reported:

Media Take Out "just got a real JUICY piece of gossip. People all over the NBA are wondering - why was NBA superstar James Harden traded SO QUICKLY last week.

Well according to the streets . . . they say that he was caught getting . . . ERRRR . . COZY,with R&B singer Keri Hilson last week, at a Los Angeles nightclub. The streets say that one of James' exes took a picture of the two and sent it to Keri's BOYFRIEND, James' teammate - SERGEI IBAKA.

And maybe it's just a coincidence, but within 48 hours - James learned that he'd be TRADED TO THE HOUSTON ROCKETS.

Dang Serge got power like that?????"

Whether there is any truth to this remains to be seen, but you've got to admit that the trade was extremely sudden. Unless there had been talks behind the scenes beforehand, it wouldn't make sense for Harden to be traded so suddenly.

What do you think? Was James Harden traded for getting close to his teammates girlfriend?

20. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Me too!!. I used to be a knicks fan since bernard kings day. But I no longer root for them since Lin left mainly because of their classless act upon not matching rocket's contract. I used to like Tyson but no more since he said Jlin can not run a team and in fact he is one of the beneficiary during lisanity and it is a very curious why. Currently, there is no player that I like except may be Novak.