1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 3/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The clock stopped at the point where the guy who took 2 steps out of bounds got the ball.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He did good especially on defense. Guys like Pondexter, Cunningham and Evans were completely affected by his presence, intimidated actually on some plays. His athleticism is still there!

In fact Evans went off just as soon as Dwight went to the bench at the 8 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to see our big man back!

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You serious? No you're not. Dude literally ran out of bounds and touched the ball. Absolutely amazing. That's actually a technical if you're getting technical

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

6. PeppermintCandy

Ah you're right. I think I was thinking soccer rules.

7. Screwedup91

Screwedup91 Member

The time stopped bc they probably thought the ref would blow his damn whistle for Cunningham being out of bounds while saving the ball.

8. theredbackpack

i don't remember specifically the time frame, but i thought the stretches where pablo was running the offense was pretty solid. a lot of blown passes this game by everyone (smith had a few clunkers) but it was more a matter of whoever was supposed to receive the ball just missing it (d-mo and brew missed wide open passes creating turnovers). if pablo gets more playing time, i really believe he could be an ace playmaker, conducting the offense in real-time. really nice.
    terry is a defensive hole but we need him to make big shots. my biggest fear is him being run into the ground before the playoffs.
    what i'm saying is, be more optimistic! :)

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I liked what the NOP broadcasters said aboutour offense when we were9ncontrol in the3rd quarter.

I think Smith had just gotten another TO, but he said (and I'll paraphrase) "that's the way they play. They play the same way whether they miss a lot of 3s and commit a lot of TOs. That's their game plan and the players don't get anxious with the misses and TOs."

They were also all praises for Harden who they said even if he wasn't getting calls wasn't complaining to the refs.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Joel Meyers is the best in the biz. I always enjoy his broadcasts. The praises for Harden continuing to play after not receiving calls and not complaining was awesome. He always has high praise for the Beard and is never bias against other teams.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Also on the NOP broadcasst, they showed Harden with the bulldog puppy that one of the broadcasters is going to give him. One of the Rockets trainers was also getting one after the pups get their shots. Harden and the trainer played with their pups for 40 min the day before the game. Adorable. I wouldn't think of Harden as a puppy guy.

Just glad the puppy didn't bite him haha

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

D-Mo was fantastic. I really liked how we actually went to him a fair bit - hoping this happens when Dwight's minutes are on the upswing and they're both in the game.

Ariza was fantastic. He is rounding into Playoff form... I've said it previously that Ariza is the kind of who who's game rises in pressure situations like the Playoffs... His defense is going to be as good to watch as Harden's offense. Oh my.

Prigioni. Looked good. Steadying the offense. Setting up easy baskets. I don't know how many times I can say it. But he is going to be BIG for us in the Playoffs.

13. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

yeah he's great on NBA Sirius XM too. Very knowledgeable about opposing players

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Joel Meyers can't afford to burn bridges with Houston fans.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Has to keep the Texan preseason call.

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

The referees have always allowed a lot late in games, because supposedly they want "player to decide who wins", but that no-call is the worst I have ever seen. This is not Finley in the 2005 play-offs where he barely stepped out, the guy was on line with the referee and took two steps behind the line so not even hiding it!! The referee got out of the way too, I mean WHAT THE ****!!!!??!!?

If they had won on that shot, I would've rushed the referees and taken all the fines and other repercussions it might take for the NBA to recognise that ****.

D-Mo again doing well again, I guess it's safe to say both D-Mo and TJ cannot be kept. Both are in their comfort zone with the starters, but not so much when coming off the bench.

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Would be true if he still called Texans preseason games. But he doesn't.

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard plays only 16 minutes in return, mildly complains about it, but Harden continues to flow, Rockets hold on at New Orleans.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/580920983768444929">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/iBrand0n300">@iBrand0n300</a> when. I didn't complain. He jus wants some drama.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/580944165267095552">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

That was actually former Rocket David Wesley

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm surprised anyone takes what Skip says seriously anymore