1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 3/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

blessing in the skies

2. eslate22

eslate22 Member

time to unleash Nicky J!!!

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol you must be new here in regards to a Rockets easy win

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

fk....

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Geez. What is it with Pat getting hurt in late March every season? It didn't even look like he got hit that hard(if at all) last night. I hope he's not out more than a couple weeks. Otherwise Terry will have nothing left in the tank by the time the playoffs roll around.

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

If Beverley gets injured, Morey is to blame for not getting a proper back-up!!

7. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Don't worry we have Cannan!!!!

Wait :confused::confused:

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Right, because losing your starting PG 2 weeks before the end of the season is always good news. Beverley's shooting has been markedly improved over the last few weeks, so it'll be a blow if he's out for an extended period of time.

9. rocketblood713

Hope he comes back

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let the ball movement commence

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's actually 3 weeks til the end of the season. And we still have 3 or 4 days til the first game of the playoffs after that. Unless this is a severe sprain(which would be surprising given how he didn't fall on his hand), I'd be stunned if he's not back before the postseason.

BTW, I agree about his shooting. He's had some timely 3's late in games recently. Especially those wins over the Nets and Cavs.

12. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12551756/dwight-howard-return-houston-rockets-targeted-wednesday

The Houston Rockets are targeting Wednesday night's game in New Orleans as the return for center Dwight Howard.

The Rockets, barring any late audibles, intend to bring Howard back from a 26-game absence in Wednesday's road game against the Pelicans and limit him to 20 minutes per game in the early stages of his return from season-long knee troubles. Howard officially is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Howard has not played since Jan. 23, but Houston has maintained its standing as a top-four team in the Western Conference without its defensive anchor, which has bolstered the MVP case of Rockets stalwart James Harden. The Rockets are 17-9 since Dwight went out.

"You might see Dwight sooner rather than later," Rockets coach Kevin McHale told reporters before Monday's victory over Indiana.

Howard said last week that he expects to be restricted to 20 to 25 minutes per game until he can build his endurance and that he won't play in back-to-back games.

The Rockets have three back-to-backs remaining, including one at the end of the March when they travel to Washington and Toronto.

"Pretty close, pretty close. I can't wait to get back on the floor," Howard told Houston reporters last week. "It sucks being injured and trying to come back from an injury. When people see you they say, 'Oh, he looks good,' and sometimes they don't understand the whole process. I'm happy the rehab process is almost over with and I can get back on the floor and join my team."

"I'll be back when I feel like I'm ready, in the best shape and when my body is healthy enough to play and maintain itself," said Howard, who has averaged 16.3 points and 11 rebounds per game this season. "I know a lot of people want me to play and I want to play as bad as anybody. The most important thing is this doesn't happen again. We want to make a deep push in the playoffs this year, and I can't afford to miss any playoff games."

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

good for 2 weeks, what was the excuse for the straight month he shot it horribly?

1 person likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You have got to be kidding me :mad:

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hoping it's a 1-2 week issue, but really hoping that NJ gets some burn here also...I really would like our players somewhat ready for anything when the playoffs come around..

16. rocketsmetalspd

Hoping for the best news on Beverley! Need to have the full roster healthly and ready for the playoffs. 12 more games to go time to get ready for a long playoff run.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sucks it's because of an injury.

I look forward to seeing other guys get a shot.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am unhappy to hear this. He is still our best defender at the 1, and he can shoot in the clutch along with an occasional floater. Sometimes he doesn't over dribble, and looks to pass the ball to Harden.

Get better soon Pat, we need you.

19. i3artow i3aller

Wicked stoked to have D12 back in the fold!
    Only problem is that I have to ref a game tonight..
    I fear I'll be riding the high of Dwight's return vs Pels.
    [​IMG]

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really to bad about Pat, that looked like definitely more than a sprained wrist the way he immediately walked off, he is usually a warrior regarding injuries.

Honestly if people think that 37 year old Terry and Prigioni and a rookie can hold it down in the playoffs they will be disappointed.