1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 12/29/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2019.

1. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Damn you changed that signature quick! May this one stay true until we win the finals in 6 games over...let's say the Heat.

Williamson likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he was 4-8 from three in the last game.....................he has improved that shot

amaru likes this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yeah. actually they made est and wst elite teams stunning in past games this season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

It doesn't matter if its Curry or Moore. Attention to detail and the coaching is not precise. we should be forcing people into contested tough shots. The coaching allows guys to spell spalding

amaru likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Because we don't want homecourt advantage

6. amaru

amaru Member

As much as I love to dump in MDA for his mistakes, sitting Brodie on B2Bs doesn’t come from him. Hell MDA would run Brodie into the ground if he was allowed to.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

my reaction to this game is a shrug

this L was inevitable...they’re the worst team in the league without Harden and Russ available...they managed to keep it competitive for a while at least

Hartenstein played well...Clemons did good...House did his thing...EG looked competent coming off surgery

so yeah

[​IMG]

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Every game happens something unusual, or we waste an advantage of more than 20 points, or a mediocre team beats us over the final, or we lose against the worst team in the league or the Pelicans beat us 41 to 19 in the last quarter.
    Please, MDA cannot continue to be the coach of this team for another second.

9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Really western conference finals and lost against the greatest team ever assembled and again the semi finals against the greatest team assembled is hardly not not working.

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Harden had a toe injury allegedly

That 4th Quarter was inexcusable though. Winnable game through 3.

ak99999 likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Talented friend!

12. SemisolidSnake

Wow, lost the 4th quarter 19-41. How? How do professional basketball players of any level and their coaches allow that? Ain't it grand that MDA still ran 34-yr-old P.J. "second most minutes played on the team" Tucker out there for another 33 minutes in this stunning performance?

amaru likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's a gimmick coach

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uh hell no. I would rather EG brick his ass off and win.

15. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

I like what I saw from Harry. If we could get some vets for Clark and Clemons I would be beyond happy.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is a contingent of Rocket Fans that loves the plucky underdawg Rockets
    They would absolutely love this team if we removed Harde/Westbrook and Capela for the year
    and they won 41 games. . .but with "effort"

I am not one of those fans

Rocket River

Patience, ak99999, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why do people keep saying we rested them? aren't they injured?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't get this post. No one expects Gordon being the best player on the Rockets is going net wins. With Harden on the court, EG is the perfect complementary off ball guard to Harden.

19. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I'm not sure what you would have them do? Harden and Clint definitely needed the day off lol. I'm not sure Russ affects this outcome too much :/

HP3 likes this.
  20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

This game was fascinating, I expected a loss but was suprised we were competitive until the 4th and even had leads at imes, we just didn't have a closer which was to be expected.

Hart grew and finally played well on both ends, well done. Please develop playing this way consistently by being aggressive both offensively and defensively and it will do wonders for him.

Gordon will be just fine and just needs to work himself into sixth man award and three point shooting champion Gordon again over time.

House played well and should continue to improve himself.

If the bench can perform consistently like they did today we can hit another level as a full healthy team.