1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/25/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2016.

1. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

no but if we want to have any championship hopes in james hardens prime mchale needed to go. we couldnt risk a lucky year with him "coaching" and morey failing to be a man and fire him. with JB in command, at least we know if we dont go to the conference finals again we will have another coach (hopefully a competent one) by the beginning of next season.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No.

Neither is very good but I rather have McHale, with all things being equal.

JB is a very good assistant coach but he is still too inexperienced to be a head coach of a team with the talent and expectations the Rockets have this season. I do like he seems to hold players somewhat accountable, unlike McHale, but his rotations are inconsistent and his hesitant to call timeouts has cost us multiple games already this season.

I'm not going to say McHale was a great coach but I do think he was a pretty good coach for the Rockets. He has his many flaws but he brought a lot of good things to this team that went unsung and wasn't afraid of taking risk (allowing Smith to be himself when everyone in the NBA was trashing him, sitting Harden in that Game 6, etc.)

This team was way better than the 4-7 start that got McHale fired. It just took time to get them to wake up and play together. Unfortunately, McHale lost this team and when that happens, he needs to be let go.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G2y8Sx4B2Sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Ty/Bev/harden/smith/Howard is my closing lineup

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Great win. We REALLY needed this win!!!!!!!

Plus Spurs getting SMOKED by the Warriors lol

6. AB423

AB423 Member

That Ariza dunk was sick

7. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Troy Daniels makes 27-foot three point jumper (Jeremy Lin assists) 129-128

Sounds familiar?

8. bmd

bmd Member

This was a good win. The Pelicans have been playing well the past several games. Last 3 games they were averaging 115 ppg and held each of their 3 opponents to 99.

They were hot, and the Rockets went to their place and beat them. It was a good win as the Pelicans were playing much better than their overall record.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That's awesome I hope we keep it up we are about to go through a week of hell. Dwight needs to comeback Asap.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daniels would be a relatively cheap shooter we could use

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Looking at our roster I'd say Dekker is the only guy I'd swap for Troy.

12. gogispade

gogispade Member

I missed the game.... how did we look like? Harden&Ariza were dominant again?

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ARRRRRIZZAAAAA :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Well just watched the game. Ariza is scorching right now...reminds me when he started the season on fire last season. Bev won this game with a clutch steal in the paint and the 3. Thornton kept us in the 2nd when Pelicans were surging. He struggled in the 4th but so did the whole team. Smith was off offensively but some nice things here and there. Too many fouls though. Thank god Gentry is dumb and had them play defense with no timeouts left and less than 4 second shot differential. Harden getting the shot clock violation probably helped us since we got to set up the defense almost full court.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We are gonna get smoked by San Antonio :(

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets won 112-111 despite Ty Lawson having a -27 plus-minus in 16:16 of action tonight</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/691826995802566657">January 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Drogba

Drogba Member

4th lowest +/- EVER in a win.

Funnily enough Corey Brewer is the lowest of ALL TIME with -31 against the Kings earlier in the season. We're so stacked though. :rolleyes:

https://www.statmuse.com/view?qid=1dc7fea5-2907-4994-a370-81c365b26104

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'll take it, but bad win even while considering we were 2nb2b and without Dwight.

Rockets were, in essence, a timeout away from losing as Pelicans could not advance to the front court for final shot.

Pelicans were without Gordon and had Davis ONE half and we're a last second shot away from losing?

Thank God we were without Dwight, 2nb2b, and not @home.

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

People are ragging on our D.

But Bill W pointed out early that the Pels have been on a winning streak
    and during the past 5 games or so have had the best offensive rating in
    the NBA.
    So, it's NOT just us. But with Davis out, that game should not have been
    that close. Our bench got smoked by their bench. End of story.

But we've traditionally matched up well with SA.
    So, let's see if we can make a statement.

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I some what disagree with that - any shot Harden would have been able to get up would have likely killed at least another 1-1.5 seconds minimum. For NO to rebound and chunk up a 90+ foot shot with less than 2 seconds would be nearly impossible to make.

With the shot clock violation, this allowed NO to run an inbounds play - it didnt work for them, but as rocky as the defense has been this year, i was holding my breath those last 4 secs of the game.