1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/25/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2016.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because Dwight was out and T-Jones sucked as usual.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

So do people still want to get rid of Harden ? :p :D

3. Fantasma Negro

Big time win. Championship teams win those types of games. They gritted it out and didn't get down on themselves, Harden knew he was close to a triple double but didn't force it, very unselfish. The guys are playing with confidence for the first time this season

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Shh... Harden plays harder with Smith in the game.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Very bad win, we played like crap defensively.

6. rocketsmetalspd

A W is a W no matter how you can get it. I want to see that play by Beverley on Holiday: The steal on one end and the big 3 at the other end of the court, that play was huge.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have no Idea! when Smoove doesn't have it he should be yanked. He was kinda bad going down the stretch. As long as Smith shows up for the big games I'm fine with it.

Harden was Harden of last year. Pulled us out of the fire. nice.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden back to his mvp form

9. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Oh man, that was way more intense than it needed to be, Smoove was not very smoove tonight neither was Lawson, Harden bailed our asses out tonight, along with Ariza. Harden was super clutch tho, gotta give him his props, Beverley finally made a damn 3 when it counted but I would still like for him to not brick all those open looks, overall good fought win... ON TO THE NEXT!

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

considering we were underdogs coming into this game i'll take it... their defense was stifling in the 4th quarter. you won't win every game beautifully.

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Rockets with a third consecutive win an intense 112-111 win. James Harden with 35 points and Trevor Ariza adds 31. Pelicans missed Anthony Davis in the second half with a concussion..............

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Ariza won us this game. Huge again. I can only hope he keeps it up. Smith was very poor but still came up with a key stop late on Anderson. Beverley was huge. Hit the dagger three and stripped Holiday on a crucial possession.

Harden.... Well. I think he's turned the corner this season. Another beastly performance. His effort on D was okay, he was good at times and poor at times, like much of the team. We are probably the most inconsistent defensive unit in the league. Obviously having Dwight out doesn't help either.

This is a huge win in the context of the season and New Orleans have been playing really well as of late.

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

But they can't stop this train

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

For the right price

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

No but dude has flaws he needs to work on

Effort
    D
    TOs
    The cross court bullet pass to a covered teammate with 1.2 seconds left
    The end of quarter lackadaical carelessness with the ball ISO TO that ends in an easy break away lay up for the opponent.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I want holliday on me squad

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

Bickerstaffs terrible coaching offends me. All he had to do is put Capela back in and Rockets cruise to an ez win!:rolleyes:

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Pelicans were on a roll...good win..gotta win games like this. It wasn't long ago Rox would've lost by 20 points in a game like this

20. You Stone

You Stone Member

Credit to JB. He stuck with that line up and went to Harden, who has been very efficient lately, in the post. He saw a match up he liked. It's like I forgot Harden was on the team with the way we have been winning lately. That's a good thing. The Rockets are winning as a team.