1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

So Omer doesnt think he'll play Thursday cuz he's still hurting :(
    Hopes to play in the Taiwan game.

2. ribbit

ribbit Member

LOL!

2004 Eastern Finals, I never heard anyone among my friends cheering for the Pacers. I was the only one who wanted the Pacers to win so Reggie can have at least one championship ring. Some are cheering for the Pistons, and the rest... Lakers. :rolleyes:

3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Rockets definitely have home court advantage. I know a fair amount of Filipinos who idolize Dwight (especially during his Orlando days) and Harden. These guys are superstars... and Filipinos love superstars.

4. jas0n

jas0n Member

Because of what George did last year against Lebron and the Heat, I think. Most people here in the Philippines kept talking about George during and after the Pacers-Heat series.

Most Filipinos are bandwagon fans or player only fans. I've had friends who were Lakers fans the year before, then became Thunder fans, then Heat fans. I haven't met Filipino who is a real Pacers or Rockets fan who followed and rooted for them even though the Pacers, or us, the Rockets had a bad year.

5. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Philippines officials are worried that Filipino workers in Taiwan may face an angry backlash because of anger over the sailor's death. At least one case in which a Filipino was beaten with a baseball bat has been reported, according to The Washington Times.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/foreign-affairs/2013/05/22/379217/Military-drill.htm

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2013/05/18/378896/Filipino-assaulted.htm

Hopefully there will be a more transparent and conclusive investigation.

If confirmed to be true, an attack on an innocent Filipino in Taiwan for retaliation based on the above incident would be cruel and unjustified.

The Pacers are fortunate to have Scola on their team. Although he needs to improve his defense, he is So Good at everything else and that is one of the reasons why Rockets Fans adore him.

There will be many opportunities for Asik, Howard, Camby, Smith, Jones, D-Mo, Garcia, Casspi, and possibly Covington/Brewer to contribute in the PF position this season depending on matchups, lineups, game circumstances, injuries, fatigue, etc.

I would like to see Covington, Brewer & Williams play significant minutes this month because they are most likely IMO "on the bubble".

#105 djperm, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Please don't make those assumptions of knowing what "most" Filipinos are like. I've known a lot of people who've been dedicated to their NBA teams for YEARS. My cuz has been a hardcore Spurs fan since she was 12 and worships Manu like a GOD (she's 23 now) and my aunt has been a hardcore Lakers fan ever since Kobe signed with the team!

Granted, this does show that most Filipinos are, at least, player-only fans but that's not a bad thing. For those living in the U.S., that may be the case. However, that shouldn't be the case for Filipinos or anyone living outside the U.S. for that matter. Why? Because for people in the U.S., supporting their TEAM means showing pride as a citizen of their city. It's where they live, where they work, where their friends and family are... and these friends and family are most likely fans of their city's team as well. How do you expect anyone outside the U.S. to have that connection, that loyalty to a TEAM?

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

So this line up on ESPN.com? Asik?

[​IMG]

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know this is preseason, but this game should be considered as this teams 1st big test.

9. LAC

LAC Member

Which comes a little too early. At this point, the Rockets should be toying with punching bags like the Pelicans. A test like the Pacers is more beneficial when the Rockets enter fine tuning stage.

10. joesr

joesr Member

Is this thrusday morning or wednesday morning??

11. Lowly3

Lowly3 Member

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL have you heard of Barangay Ginerbra?

13. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Could be.

But it's more likely that ESPN is just wrong.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol no asik 2nd unit is going to hurt defensively.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

looking forward to watching on NBAtv, but I'm not waking up at 4:30 in the AM to do so, so I've set the DVR and will watch over during morning routine...

can't wait to see the team in action!

18. Caris

Caris Member

in less than 24 hours...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>‏<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> vs <a href="https://twitter.com/Pacers">@Pacers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/MOAArena">@MOAArena</a> tonight. <a href="http://t.co/qY04eKfhVF">pic.twitter.com/qY04eKfhVF</a></p>&mdash; Penny Lee (@penny10654) <a href="https://twitter.com/penny10654/statuses/388013039384940544">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. eomor131

eomor131 Member

can't wait

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know it's a preseason game, but I wonder how disappointed people would be if Rockets lost this game. I'm curious.