1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

why, isn't he playing? he's playing with the bench unit. he'll have more touches with the bench unit.

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Hmm dont like it. But this is the line up they been running in the practice videos...

3. wil55n

wil55n Member

I may be wrong, but I think calling myself a Rocket fan would be disrespectful to those that have been here for years.

I came here for Lin, I support the team while he is here, and I may still follow the rockets when he leaves, but that is not what a Rocket fan is. A rocket follows the team no matter who is on the team.

All IMO of course.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wow, it's raining hard tonight.

there's actually a storm on the eastern seaboard part of the Philippines. we had exceptionally good weather since Monday till tonight.

anyway, hope they are able to fly safely to Taiwan after the game.

5. pacmania

pacmania Member

No one here in the Philippines paid to watch Mcfail coach but this attention w**** just has to get his share of the limelight.

6. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, I have told you so.:grin:

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Time to promote Finch to head coach already. McHale's "player's coach" thing does not worth that much IMO. Sampson should be better than MaHale too now that we are in the win-now mode.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But putting Delfino at 4 worked many times as well. I am not saying he's a very good coach but getting the youngest team in the nba to 45 wins is pretty remarkable.

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

You guys can do something like refusing serving him food and letting him live on the street. Or let him miss his flight so he will stay there for a while.

10. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

It is bad for NBA as well. This is the first game for this season been aired live by CCTV, the Chinese central Television, with billions of viewers. Guess the chinese will buy another broadcasting of Rox Game If this keeps going.

11. Lowly3

Lowly3 Member

If McHale does not start Lin in Taiwan game... he's gonna be in so much trouble...

12. Rox7

Rox7 Member

What a joke!
    I feel bad for the Filipino fans.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McHail can't coach PGs very well....

First Lowry, now this.....

J/K but he is better with bigs than guards

14. Simone78

Simone78 Member

Honestly, whatever fans or coach or management think about Lin as a player, it's really stupid not to start him in any of those games in Asia. There are enough games later to go starting Bev.
    It really shows nothing but lack of intelligence.

15. torocan

torocan Member

It's preseason, so in practical terms it doesn't really matter.

However, it probably would have been better to start Lin and switch him early if he wanted to experiment with the starting line up given that international games are essentially major league/team showcases as much as they are for the local fans.

No doubt Stern and co would be unhappy about this move. And I'm not sure Alexander would be crazy about it either.

Will be interesting to see the minutes distribution, and whether McHale does the same when they hit Taiwan.

16. pacmania

pacmania Member

That experiment cost us several wins. The mark of a good coach is good thinking. We won despite Mcfail and because of Harden who had to do a lot of iso's. Lin was not that sharp last season coming off an injury but he had flashes of brilliance. Just needs to work on his consistency.

Youth can be deceptive at times. It's not the youth but the maturity of the team that should determine a coach's ability. If Mchale led an immature team to that record I would salute him but this team was a very mature and talented team last year. More so now with Howard.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why are people acting like 10 yr olds about Lin not starting this game? Geez

1 person likes this.
  18. Star

Star Member

Go to hell McHale.

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

This is a fair comment.

20. Lowly3

Lowly3 Member

Luckily he's got two of the best play making guards to prevent him from making too much guards coaching mistakes