1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 4/9/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 9, 2014.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Nuggets tank mode yet?

It's time now if you want to sneak in top 10 picks

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Pacers have been resting everyone lately

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

They have been resting because the starters are playing like dog dodoo.

Back on topic, I have been watching bb for too long to know that too much rest can actually cause harm to a team, so the decision to rest or not is a double-edged knife. Having said that I know Parsons is one player that could a few days off.

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Im with the posters who are saying rest the starters especially Harden and Parsons.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Arriving at hotel at 4am, second night of back to back at altitude?

I agree with KlutchQT's agreement. Especially the part where someone else eats crow if Rockets win.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets recall Troy Daniels and Robert Covington from RGV. Both will be in Denver tonight. Guessing McHale might rest a regular or two.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/453934207165673473">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

If we win 1 more we are locked in 4 seed? Or do we need to win 2 more?

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

2 more wins for us, or 2 losses for Portland Trailblazers, or 1 win for us and 1 loss for Portland. I think that's how it goes.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Has anyone seen Daniels' Instagram? Has he been called up to the team?? That would be so awesome. I would feel comfortable rolling with Canaan and Daniels off the bench.

10. vstexas09

Wow. Just saw JR tweet. My fault. Fail.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

Hope Mchale will pull a Pops tonight. I don't want to see any of our starters playing more than 30mins for this game.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL Daniels has literally never played NBA game outside of garbage minutes in that Pacers game. Calm down with the knee-jerk.

13. vstexas09

No need to be butthurt.

I don't think it's knee jerk. Canaan has been promising in the minutes that he's gotten and that's because Bev has been out. With the starters playing significantly less minutes in the next week, I think Cov/Troy can be able to capitalize on the opportunity.

Because according to you, our bench depth is very "promising" for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm not too confident in Casspi/Dmo/Lin/Hamilton/Asik giving us that offensive push.

However, if Canaan can, I think the other two show us something in the coming week

14. YourSecretLover

Rest Harden and Parsons.

Limited minutes for Lin, T.Jones, DMo and Asik(about 20-25 minutes each)

majority of minutes go to canaan, garcia, omri, hamilton, covington, troy daniels, etc.

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Daniels and Covington play the same position as Garcia and Hamilton, basically we have 4 average to below average SF backing up for Parsons. Redundant. I would rather have 1 good, solid SF wing player backing up Parsons, like Wilson Chandler, Trevor Ariza, or even Mike Dunleavy Jr.

16. yummyhawtsauce

does morey have a machine that can combine those 4 aforementioned SF's into 1 megazord SF

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope it's a win. We have to contain brooks and that euro-jack-ass-wimp that was draining 3s against us last game.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i think we can beat them even without harden and parsons tonight

they are missing a TON of players and im guessing lawson is still out

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yay for Covington & Daniels!

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It takes 5 for a megazord, right? So Murray will be controlling the head as he's the brains of the operation :cool: