1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 2/6/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2012.

1. thejav

thejav Member

rox get blown out by 20+..sad but true..

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tos_PvTNhlY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tos_PvTNhlY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

we gonna lose tomorrow though.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

In the month of Jan, the Rockets surrendered 100+ points to all but one of their .500+ opponents... the Rockets scored 100+ points in only 2 of those games, both wins.

The Nuggets are the highest scoring team in the NBA.

Road L.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I agree with your thoughts on what the team should be doing and I also agree that Morey would rather tank but les isn't allowing him to but I don't agree that Morey doesn't THINK we can make the playoffs. We have a realistic shot of getting in and a great shot of doing absolutely nothing if we do. Les really is setting up Morey to get fired in a few years.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Have a Rocking good time, bring us a win because it might be a rocky game for our team.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Suspect Coach? I was under the impression that McHale was hired because of his prowness as an after dinner speaker and TV commentator. :)

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now, now DD. Ever consider that your year-long holy "crusade" against JVG just might have rubbed Carl H the wrong way?

8. nadman89

nadman89 Member

I think we can win this , the nuggets are only 2 games better than us , with a win they'll be one game better and they have lost to utah and new orleans @ home so you never know we just gotta win the rebound battle and the key matchups should be parsons-gallo and martin-afflalo the benches should cancel each other out

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I think Martin explodes for 40 and we win

10. stefanb

stefanb Member

the nuggets are a tough squad. hopefully we can walk away with the win but if not i'm still happy with what the rockets have done this season.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think our team matches up with Denver pretty well. Parsons can guard Gallinari and Dalembert should be able to contain Nene for the game. We should be able to pull this victory out with our D. Just hoping our Offense isn't horrible.

Still... I say:

Rockets 105
    Nuggets 102

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course it did, small minded kids like him always get mad at their elders.

:)

At the end, I was right though...lol.

And he is no Rockets fan...he is a Knicks and JVG guy.

DD

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It has little to do about JVG, now that he has been gone for years. More about the general stupid and repetitive nature of DD's posts day after day and year after year.

14. DaDakota

You should stick to your innane dick jokes, at least some of those are funny.

Now go back to cheering for your beloved Knicks....

DD

15. Red&BlackPudman

Highest scoring team in the NBA agains one of the worst defenses... Not looking good fellas. Only way is if K-Low or a role player goes off.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you seriously believe that after the length of time he's now invested in the board, Carl Herrera is not a Rockets fan, regardless of how he might feel about Van Gundy? And I haven't seen him posting paeans to the Knicks here. Yes, I know who he used to be. So what? You don't believe in redemption?

17. DaDakota

I believe that, I value the opinions of people who have grown up bleeding Rockets red, more than folks that follow a coach around who failed in Houston.

DD

18. DaDakota

Oh, and at the end of the day, as long as he is an ******* towards me, he can expect it back from me.

DD

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's invested 5 years and 15,000+ posts trolling the board? That's what you're saying. I understand you having respect for longtime Rockets fans over relative newcomers, but isn't he a bit past the Van Gundy era? Last I heard, the only connection Van Gundy has now with the Rockets is that he's a former coach of the team who still lives in Houston, and who clearly shows he's still a fan of the team from time to time. That's hardly a basis for CH being an active member of the board for this long, in my opinion. This isn't about Van Gundy and the Knicks... it's about a personality/?? conflict between you and Carl Herrera, and that's OK. There are plenty of those going on around here. It would just be nice if there wasn't this frequent wandering off the reservation, at least in my opinion, because I enjoy reading posts from both of you.

So, is there a game tonight?

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are right Deckard. Not the place to have this argument. It is the game thread.

Back to topic: tough game to win, road game vs good team. Be a good test to see if the team keeps fighting or gives in like it did vs Clippers earlier this year.