1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 2/25/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He does. It was one play. He does that same step back plenty without traveling. No one is perfect even if they have a nearly perfect move.

D-rock likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

PJ's improved shooting is making me more comfortable with him at the 4 spot. He can always be counted on to do the dirty work. Harden was terrific.

Deuce, hakeem94 and OTMax like this.
  3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Good win. Hope some other players get more minutes on this back to back vs jazz

Remlap and saleem like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good win but we didn't play our best. Blew a golden opportunity in the 4th to get our starters rest before the tough B2B against Utah. We really weren't focused tonight, too many TOs and bad defense. Ah well, always good to get the W though.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so reliable and so clutch

saleem likes this.
  7. saleem

Gerald Green must get minutes. JJ being an ex-Jazz man might keep him on the bench. That wouldn't be the right thing to do. JJ should get 15 minutes and Green about the same too. Green can give Ariza and Harden a breather.

I hope Gordon will be back to full fitness soon too.
    Go Houston Rockets!

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

"Closing thought: I don’t like Houston basketball
    Yep, I’m going to gripe about James Harden’s game. I hate how he gets his points even if it is in a way brilliant. It’s 100% within the rules and it’s 100% effective but man is it ugly to watch and there is no way you can convince me it’s within the intent of the game. What’s worse is it seems to rub off on everyone, including the opposing team. After Harden had a string of fouls go his way in the second quarter suddenly Jokic was trying to do the same thing on the other end. Later in the game when Harris drew a foul for a four-point play you could even see him grin as if he knew he was copying what Houston does. It just doesn’t make for fun basketball viewing, I don’t know, maybe I’m just getting old."

9. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

He was making them, it wasn’t just for the sake of getting a call. Why do they keep fouling? They have to gaurd him tight. Watching Jokic try it and fail was embarassing.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. And1redux

And1redux Member

I watched that game. Harden didn't do anything egregious in terms of hunting for fouls; I've seen far worse (like the one against Boston) where Harden does actually initiate contact and force the refs to make a tough call, but last night? nah. Those back-to-back 4 point plays were brilliant... nothing illegal or ugly about it. If you can make a 3PT shot through contact, how is that not beautiful to watch?

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. saleem

Capela's softness has been exposed, and that is what he will have to overcome in order for us to go deep into the playoffs.

13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

it actually was clints fault because after he inbounded the ball he should have gotten the hell out of there.... instead he stuck around allowing for p ul to be trap and paul wasn't gonna pass him the in that situation which cause the travel.... you can see that Paul was gonna pass him the ball and then realized who it was....

it was a low iq moment for Clint but no biggie cause he doesn't have many

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How so? because he had one bad game. Ok Capela in the last 5 games

23/25
    16/11
    14/12
    13/11
    25/11

All while playing less than 30 mins per game on average

I ain't gonna sit back and let soft posts go unnoticed

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol those Denver dudes, they put the corpse Devin freaking Harris and defensive scrubs like Murray and Barton on the MVP and they paid for that, nothing to see here, smh...

16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm not disagreeing on whether they were legitamate or not, I just don't think he'll get those calls against the likes of GSW.
    Too many games ive been left scratching my head why he didn't get the call and last night he did.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member