1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/17/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2014.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Awesome game to be at

All the "Let's go nuggets" chants actually started as "lets go rockets chants" from the rockets fans in the stadium

also very loud MVP chanting

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

"He has the rest of his life to rest and limp around." McHale

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah, I think Canaan's ankle is still tender.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale said the Rockets should have fouled the Nuggets before they got it to halfcourt on the final play in regulation (Afflalo 3P to tie).</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/545472949965176833">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. CrashTheBoards

It's something you hate to see during a game because you know Canaan was playing really well before he go injured, but you like it at the same time. It's good to make sure Canaan fully recovers. Also, Nick gets do develop. I just hate seeing him out there because I don't know if he can knock down the three. I think the only reason guys don't sag off of him and dare him to shoot more is because he is short. Guys automatically think if you're short you can shoot. :grin::grin:

If teams just looked all the way down on the roster and realized that Nick is only shooting 18% from three this season then they would be leaving him open all game until we took him out. He would quickly get exposed in the playoffs, but teams ain't doing there homework and reading the scouting report during the regular season.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Mchale says the order was to foul before midcourt. this one is on beverley.

7. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

badass... i heard the mvp chants on his free throws in OT

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Even still, nobody near Afflalo and guarding as if they were going to go inside with 4 seconds left and needing a three is just stupid. Not the coach his fault though

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm almost certain he will sit out tonight, as he should.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

McHale by the way acting more like a player than a coach, high fiving Harden all hyper when he hit that three late in regulation, awesome!!

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

yeah, Rudy T was like that, too.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We heard you. I was surprised how many fans were wearing Rockets gear in the stands. A lot of ya'll down low. I saw 3 guys with Rockets beanies right behind the bench. It was great seeing the support and even better hearing it. Great job to any of ya'll that went tonight.

I will say we looked terrible on defense. I really hope that was the lack of oxygen. We also need to find Trevor a backup. Dude's legs are all but gone. He's an amazing two-way player when fresh, but just pretty good as of late. Backup makes that position a force on our team. Brewer, anyone?

13. JazzLakerHater

I trash our fans at Toyota Center a lot, but man those fans in Denver were just terrible today. I don't think I've ever seen a Denver crowd so lethargic.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The back
    Up to Ariza is Greek
    Guy but he's out another week I
    Think

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad that McHale clarified this. I wrongly assumed that it happened because of lack of instructions on his part.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's 77.8% for his career. This year is an anomaly.

? or:

? because either could do the trick. Especially if TJones comes back healthy.

Would you honestly trade either for Harden right now? I wouldn't. Harden made a leap in the offseason, the other two seemed to have taken steps back so far. Time will tell, but I'm sticking with a known commodity given that scenario.

Playing Howard as hard as they did got a lot of their bigs out of the game. We won in overtime because they had nothing around the rim. Thank Howard for that. You keep going to him because it gives you an advantage.

I can't blame Pat too much for that. He would have fouled with 2 seconds left and they would have had an opportunity to take one or two dribbles or make one pass and still have enough time to tie it up. There were like 3.9 seconds left and they didn't take a timeout. If they were shooting FTs that's a different story, but I *think we had a foul to give.

17. JazzLakerHater

Can we bring Wilson Chandler on the flight to Houston? Would love him on this team.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don, I wrote DM meaning Daryl Morey needs to look at improving the bench. Ariza and Harden are running out of gas, and K-Pap can't handle the responsibility of backing up both of them. No Jones also hurts our bench strength.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Gutsy win. Knew it was going to be a tough one, we were DEAD tired (especially Harden) at the end of the game too, I guess it was the altitude.

James with another MVP-like performance. Not much else needs to be said. He was so tired in the 4th but seemed to catch a 2nd wind in overtime.

Good game from DMo, good to see him still shooting a decent percentage even with him getting lots of shots.

Honestly I thought Howard looked old tonight. Didn't have as much explosiveness as I'm used to seeing and missed some gimmies. But you look up at the end of the game and the guy has 24 and 16 with 4 blocks, it shows how good he is. Some clutch free throws as well today. Get that knee healthy big man, we're gonna need it.

Canaan's got to get his confidence back. Rough game for Johnson. Could have used Terry out there. Looking forward to getting KPap back, Ariza's shot is hurting right now. Stones Beverley with some clutch free throws as well.

Would be great to get Jones back to bolster that 2nd unit, we need some bench production.

DMo has better post moves, but he was missing some chippies in the 1st half and was having trouble getting position before overtime, I noticed we tried to get it to him on a couple possessions.

The advantage Howard has is that he fouls out their bigs (Faried), and the defense (for whatever reason) focuses a LOT more on him than DMo which opens up shots for others. Howard had a bad game and still farted out 24 points and 16 rebounds lol. Nice to see some decent free throw shooting for once as well.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He likes to play with a revamped, far more efficient Mr. Bean Bryant