1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/17/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2014.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Great Win! Need to rest for tomorrow's game against Pelicans. Day closer to a trade?

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Ummmm and have you been paying attention the last 15 games or so?? His post moves are clearly superior to dwight...doesn't mean they both shouldn't post up, but Dwight needs to stop thinking he is Olajuwon and start doing more pnr and bang the glass...that's were we get into trouble. DMO is finesse moves, Dwight is a banger. When the game slows down at the end, the rockets should post DMO and if he cant get open or shake down low then pass it out to Dwight to muscle it in. But the Dwight shuffle seems to end in a turnover or botched play more than I care to count

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Papa and Terry will help for sure, and Canaan when he gets going. I like Jones, but there is no guarantee about his return. The rest do hustle and work hard, but we are running out of gas.

4. CrashTheBoards

D-Mo is beast. Harden is clutch.

I don't think D-Mo or Howard's post games will be very effective tomorrow agaist the best defensive big men in the league. Davis will surely give D-Mo issues with his length and athleticism, and Asik his big enough and strong enough to hold his own against Howard. I am sure he will play with something to prove tomorrow. I still think Howard's post ups would be more effective than D-Mo's because Davis is just too good.

Evans is a terrible 3 pt shooter. The guy has no conscience. He has still been an effective scorer regardless. There shooting is so bad they are starting 1 dimensional, Luke Babbit. Holiday and Davis are still a problem. It will be a tough game with only 18 hours between them considering this game went to overtime.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

as great as PatBev was this game, he should be held responsible for extending the game; just didn't want to pick up the DQ, that's inexcusable. Team comes first, and you need to follow the coach instructions.

6. CrashTheBoards

no no no no, I am saying remember what guys were saying about him here?

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I agree that our players were running low in numbers and gas, but that still doesn't mean they are weak. We are 19-5 with our starters and core bench players missing the majority of the season collectively. That, my friend, is what one would call quality depth.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Canaan was getting abused by Lawson and offensively, he was clearly rusty.

Johnson was giving good effort defensively, quick enough to stay with Lawson and strong enough to guard Afflalo. Needs to start hitting those layups though. Dunk it young fella!

But we need a real point guard on this team. Beverely, Canaan, Terry and Johnson are everything except a real point guard. Not saying Rondo, possibly Dragic. But we need someone to take the load off of Harden.

9. baubo

baubo Member

This game really shows why even Brewer would be important for the team. Our bench sucked. Add Brewer, Papa, and Terry would really help stabilize the 2nd unit.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't forget D-Mo/T-Jones (assuming one is not traded, one will end up as depth) and a non-rusty Canaan either. Even if we just had Papa and Terry, we would have blown the Nuggets out tonight. We were so short handed it funny.

12. CrashTheBoards

Dude it's not even because he is stronger. Denver was flopping hard tonight. One play, Black caught Fareid out of position so he rand down and bodied him. Faried realized Black was gonna get the long rebound so he flew a legit 2 seconds later. He sold it and the refs blew the whistle. The refs need to stop rewarding guys for doing this crap. When Faried ran into D-Mo leading with his shoulder and D-Mo fell down he didn't get the call because he didn't fly into the first row like Fareid did.

Howard didn't touched the guy when he gathered under the rim on the mismatch. All Wilson did was fall down after Howard turned into the rim and they gave him the call.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

with lawson though, you gotta watch you dont get hinrich'd, and those refs were calling continuation on anything for them and nothing for us.

14. JazzLakerHater

I can't believe Harden got some MVP cants on the road.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

:cool:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James harden is cold blooded!!</p>&mdash; trevorariza (@TrevorAriza) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorAriza/status/545476230221279232">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We had a good showing of rockets fans at the game, especially near the cameras and the mics where the sounds were getting picked up.

It was cool though. Especially on National TV :cool:

James deserves it!

17. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

That order had to come from McHale before Denver inbounded the ball, not from Harden while Lawson was steaming down the court. The actual message from McHale was probably "a hold and a hoop", which is pretty much all he says when we have a slim lead late in the game.

18. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The commentator said it was our bench? Im not sure who was chanting, it would be sweet if it really was fans lol.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Howard had a quiet good game: 24 points, 16 rebs, and 4 blocks. However, because of the o.t., he played in 42 long minutes.

20. JazzLakerHater

This wouldn't surprise me if this was in San Antonio or Dallas. It just surprised me it happened in Denver.