1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/17/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am curious as to what you were expecting. Our bench is strong, just injured or unavailable. Here is our depth when healthy; D-Mo, K-Pap, Canaan, Terry, Black, Johnson, Dorsey, Garcia, and Daniels. We can scratch off the last 2-3, but we are still missing K-Papa, T-Jones, and Terry. That is almost 30 points based on their season averages so far. Add an extremely rusty Canaan on top of that, and you are looking at the loss of another 3-5 points. Please do not confuse an injured bench with a weak bench.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think Ariza will be fine once Papa is back - they guy is logging way too many minutes and its catching up with him. He needs to play less but the Rockets have so few options at the wing spot, especially tonight with Canaan limited and Terry, Papa and Garcia out.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They went to him in OT and he delivered twice. Better late than never.

4. CrashTheBoards

Whatever. After last years playoffs, I want Howard to continue getting post ups. He was the only consistent scorer in the playoffs and took over games with his post ups. Let him get his rhythm back and play consistent minutes before you and everyone hate on him.

D-Mo was hot garbage not too long ago, remember that?

5. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Great win! They must be really tired but I hope the mental boost from winning this game will push another W tomorrow. Go rockets!

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Me. Too. I am exhausted!

Great win on the road, down 15.

1 person likes this.
  7. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Nuggs were THIIRRRSSTYY for that win but fell short. No doubt Denver saltier than the Atlantic!!! #rednation

8. PhiSlammaJamma

9. CrashTheBoards

They worked tonight. We were down 4 and he made over 70% of his FTs in clutch time.

But I agree with you on one thing, when the refs swallow the whistle Howard post ups aren't the best idea. They get away with a lot of mess guarding Howard. But in the last minute where everything is magnified, the refs are more likely to call it if he gets hacked because that replay will be shown over and over again if they miss it and people will start asking why don't they call fouls for Howard.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This.

They need to keep playing with a killer instinct when everyone or nearly everyone is back (TJ, talking to you). I'm afraid they will relax and play sloppy when everyone is back.

11. JazzLakerHater

Great win. But I was getting pissed off how we kept force feeding Dwight when he clearly wasn't on his A game and we just ignored DMo. Thankfully we went to DMo in OT.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Howard is just at a disadvantage all around.

Even when he makes a simple post move, the defender flops and gets a charge call. Its not his fault for being stronger than the other guy.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Howard's presence causes fouls and double teams more often than not. What I want to see is Howard posting until he gets the opposing team in foul trouble and then switch to D-Mo's post game when necessary as our O will always be heavy on Harden's perimeter play.

14. MONON

MONON Member

Just checked the stats. Denver made 5 more baskets & those baskets were 3 point baskets. That's 15 more points. However, we made 19 more fts to win the game by 4. This game won at the ft line.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Beautiful alley oop:

[​IMG]

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight even pointed to him running down the floor. I was worried he would be angry that Dmo was getting crunch time touches.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Some post video highlights of the game

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I can't believe they have to play tomorrow. I'M freaking exhausted after watching that game.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

-defender flops to draw offensive foul

20. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

Surprise to see johnson gettin more minutes then canaan.. I guess his defense was the deciding factor in playing time.