1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2015.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

THIS FOR SURE ! Also, PITIFUL in the paint though.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Bah Humbug...but hmmmmmmmm

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Are true stretch 4s and board crashing PFs two conflicting goals?

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nba superstar will barton with 23/9 3stls/asts and 2 threes. no wait, thats another scrub getting 20pts vs the rockets defense. gameday 20pt scrub

i would say harris too but he's having a good season

rockets suck

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

why tomorrow?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FIFY.

DD

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You're welcome to believe that. This team has lost plenty of games this year from not turning up, this wasn't one of them, this wasn't even remotely close to one of them. Teams never play perfectly, and even if a team plays awful, that still wouldn't justify that it would need to also outplay a horrendous ref job.

9. rocketsmetalspd

15th is the day that Summer FAs that were signed can be traded.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Ryan Anderson does excellent in the former and decent in the latter

11. JazzLakerHater

I honestly don't believe this team has improved really. The best team they've played in the last 10 games is slightly above average Mavs.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have a stretch 4? DMo is shooting .667 from the 3pt line this year...and .571 overall - we don't need a stretch 4, we need more effort by Harden on Defense...

DD

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You really think the team played smart and hard the whole game, but got undone by the refs? Really? You honestly believe that?

14. amaru

amaru Member

What happened from this season to last. Was Harden's MVP worthy performance that much of a factor?

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Last season looks like a fluke.

16. amaru

amaru Member

I agree....the starts just aligned. Harden's other worldly season covered a lot of the flaws we are seeing now.

17. beardsanity713

thats a good trade id do take it

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's still shocking that this team doesn't understand they have to play defense. Even our defensive guys Aroza Dwight and Bev are not very good at it anymore.

19. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

did they really ****ing lose to the garbage **** nuggets again.... so glad I wasnt home for this trash

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Really sucks how the Rockets are playing this season. I wish I could believe that we are going to turn it around, but seems like wishful thinking on my part. I had high expectations, that's what makes this season miserable. I've watched so many bad Rockets team, but at least they always hustled. I think the problem is that we compiled a roster where rotation players do not play smart at all.

Howard

You can always expect idiotic fouls from him, sometimes at key times of the games. I know sometimes players flop against him, but geez, he is always pushing people out of the way when rebounding and he is so obvious about it. I'm surprised he doesn't get more calls. I wish he would stop posting up completely unless the players can get him the damn ball where he can go into his move and not dribble the ball, wishful thinking though.

I can't hate on him too much though because he does play very well for the most part. He defends, rebounds and is still finishing off those lobs really well.

Brewer

I was always iffy on re-signing Brewer. I thought he was a good addition to the team last year, but he always made me nervous the way he plays. Now he is just pissing me off. I don't care how he has picked it up offensively when on the other end he is a huge negative. He is always sagging off his man a lot. Most of the time it appears he is just ball watching. Another problem is his gambles. He is always gambling, it is annoying. We are already porous defensively, it doesn't help when he completely gets everybody out of position. He also tries to force the action way too much with his patented 1 on 3's or 1 on 4's. I wish he would never dribble the ball in a half court set. You'd think that read and react would require more passing, less dribbling, but we know it's just kick and drive, kick and drive, read and react my ass.

Overall, I cannot wait until we get rid of Brewer. He has had some big games for us, but I just don't think he is an adequate player for this team if we have nobody that can cover up his porous defense and his absolutely poor decision making.

TJones

Terrance is one of those players that I thought would eventually develop, but it is clear that he is always going to be an inconsistent player. His defense is horrible, his rebounding is horrible and his decision making sucks. What drives me crazy about him is how scared he is of contact. I get that he has had a lot of freak injuries, but he just does not want to be touch. Every damn time he goes to the basket, he penetrates so softly hoping he doesn't get hit. He misses a lot of easy shots in the paint as well.

He will have his patented 23 points and 9 rebound games against the weakest defenders, but he is not reliable at all. Once again, a player that has had his moments, but overall just does not fit a team with a winning mentality.

Beverley

I like Pat, but he can play so dumb sometimes. I love his passion and aggression but sometimes he can be so over the top. It almost seems fake. If he were just disciplined he would be an excellent defender, but he plays with his heart on his sleeve and sometimes he is just too aggressive where he commits stupid fouls. Pat is better served to be a 7th or 8th man, but Lawson is just not cutting it.

Harden

Just a frustrating player, but I will never want to get rid of him. Harden is a high IQ, lazy ass player, I am hoping bringing in an adequate coach that doesn't party with him will hopefully impact his career to become a complete player some day. I was so encouraged after last season, but he just regressed in the defensive department. :\

Lawson

I wish he would just play how he has always played the game. He has shown flashes, but overall he is just standing around too much. I get it that he needs the ball in his hands, but he could still move without the ball and set some picks or something. His defense is awful as well. It's depressing watching him play so bad. Maybe his personal life is affecting him more than we think, so I won't judge the guy, but I just wish he would play like Ty. Too bad this trade is not working out, I really thought it would.

Overall, I am just unhappy with the group of players Morey has put together. He has this philosophy about threes, free throws and running at all times, but the pieces just don't fit. He has been unable to bring in solid shooters, even though he has had the opportunity to nab some every once in a while. Anthony Morrow was there last year, Mike Dunleavy a few years ago, and I am sure there others i can't think off. I think his philosophy of reaching for that 3rd star was always flawed and unfortunately made him miss out on opportunities with other players.

I definitely do feel good about Dmo and Capela on the team, I hope they are here for the long term. I like Ariza as well, although his shooting can be frustrating, he does play smart and overall has a positive effect on the team. Jason Terry is old and shouldn't be getting minutes, but Ty is just killing us. I like Marcus, seems like his shooting is really coming around, so that's another positive.

I hope we do trade some pieces and bring in some shooters and solid defenders.

I forgot to mention, I cannot believe the lack of fundamentals on our team. Boxing out is so easy, yet none of our players outside of Dmo and Ariza seem to know how to block out.

Pretty bummed out. :(