1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Ditto. That play was beautiful, it was like poetry in motion, seamless execution...as a diehard basketball fan, plays like that take your breath away. It's like watching Dream dancing around like a ballerina, you're in awe of him, your heart skips a beat when he makes a great play.

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Go back to the Raptors forum and take duh-duh-duhKota with ya.

3. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

you said we should make a trade to create a spark??!! We have won 8 of 9..why do we need a spark...I didn't know you could tell the future and see that we are going to start losing...I bet when Yao went down, you said we would start losing immediately..now that we are winning, you have pushed your "we can't win without Yao" attitude further down...when we win the next 5 out of 6 or so, you will then say...I told you we would be fine without Yao....

Hey, where are all of the people that said we should start Tanking the season in hopes to get a better pick next year.....you know who you are.....Most of us said we should stick with it and not Tank but some of you bandwagon fans said we had NO CHANCE without Yao....

Oh yea...ChrisBosh...if you have a name like ChrisBosh, you should go back to the Raptors board....how come you keep referring yourself as "we" and the rockets as together....your pessimism and also your screen name pretty much gives it away that you aren't a rockets fan...

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

TIGER

What happened? I thought AI was your boy

I knew you would come around :D

You owe me another one. Remember when I said that the Wizards could win the East? They have won 15 of 20 since then. You said the Wizards would blow

Own up :D

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

:/ What was wrong with Tmac tonight?

He even admitted his thing was mental. :(

Is he okay? After those 30+ games, he can't seem to drop more than 20 now.

They were doubling him ruthlessly though..

And we go the W. :)

6. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Hes probably physically not there. Things like back pains and arthoritis normally affect you when there is a sudden change in the weather, even though you stay inside, warm and cozy. It strikes mildly, which means it will cause you some pain but not enough to keep you out. This kind of pain does limit your mobility. I suspect this is the reason for Tmac's off night as for most of the game he was sluggish, not even running, free throws were typically short so as the jumpers, as the pain accumulates, it probably became mental for him. But if that was true, he will be back to his recent "old" self in no time as this kind of pain goes away very quickly. Someone said it might be the altitude/thin air but I don't buy it as the other guys functioned normally. Just my suspection.

For several reasons I like this win very much, esp. when Tmac was really off. It kept toughening up the role players' confidence, as previously, they were playing with 2 goto guys, then Yao down, then Tmac's off, but they still stepped up big time instead of folding up. People complaining that this game was ugly was mainly based on Tmac's performance. While in another perspective, we nailed and clawed while Tmac's struggling, kept the hope in the final moments until Tmac and Battier killed them with the deadly pass and shooting. Rockets are finally showing some consistence and toughness. Such wins/experiences are priceless. :)

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been a Rockets fan probably longer than you have been alive...

Just because someone doesn't agree with your view of the team is no reason to be rude.

I want a team that comes to play hard every night, and last night we got lucky to get the win.

I am glad we woke up at the end, but honestly if the Rockets were playing hard from the get go, it would have been a 20+ point blow out.

Letting teams hang around is going to cost them some games, in fact it already has......Golden State, Minnesota, New Orleans etc....etc...etc....

If the Rockets played hard every night, they would be contending with Dallas right now for the number 1 seed in the West.

But, they get lackidasical and let some games slip away.

24-13 is a nice record particularly with the injuries, but the Rockets could and should be at least 4 games better right now.

But, that is just my opinion......hopefully we can keep winning.

DD

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Easy there, you should keep the left hand away from yourself when you watch him play. :p

I can’t have another team player’s nick? Is it against internet forum rules? LOL. I’ve lived in both Houston and Toronto…and I follow both teams.

As far as being a pessimistic fan, I don’t think that’s true, I’d say I’m a realist …if you’ve noticed there are a few people on this board that actually agree with my statement that this team is overachieving…it’s going to hit us on this upcoming stretch…

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't tell if they are overachieving, I think they are playing fairly well, but the competition has not been the best...which is a good thing...

DD

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

not really.. I think Y'all have been doing alright u have a 2 game winning streak against a good Milwaukee team and a mediocre Boston team. and u have Bosh playing at an MVP level. TJ will be back soon and y'all will make a good run, to the LOTTERY...

and with the exception of Dallas and Utah, I dont see anything tough about y'alls schedule:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/schedule/

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

DaDa what r u talking about? u've been my fav. poster for a long time. dont agree with the Raptors' guy... :rolleyes:

the competition is not the best? do u expect us to win against Dallas and Phoenix? even with Yao? no. some people (including myself) predicted that we go 7-18 or something like that. suddenly, we beat some quality teams in Chicago, Utah, L.A, and a not-bad NJ and Denver. we are playing great bball and we are not giving up. and I am not willing to listen to a Toronto fan trying to get our hopes down... we've been playing great and we are taking care of business. it's not the perfect time for Bosh to start his usual b!tching...

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

going to the lottery might not be the worst thing for the raps, a chance at a guy like Oden doesn't come up all that often...and why are we talking about the Raptors again? :D

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Either you didn't see the play, or you're more clueless than I thought. I just wish I could have written that as well as tiger did.

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Be careful with these insightful posts dude, Jonathan Feigen is gonna steal your material again. :p

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It was a joke. Ha Ha. :D

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

way to make note of the one play that I remember

and not mentioning the dozens of good defensive plays Alston made to help keep Iverson from the basket.

Its a real shame about you, you used to be much fairer.

Bosh,

getting other pessimists to agree with you dont mean you are right. :rolleyes:

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

DD, I don't remember you being so negative. Some of the posters here expect frekin prefection every night, this is totally unrealistic. A very long season. 8-2 without the big guy. come on get a grip!

18. Prosun

Prosun Member

What's up with this whole I'm misinterpreting your posts thing? Did I misinterpret all your posts about V-Span/Alston in the Rafer threads too? This just in, there are a bunch of NBA and college b-ball players that can't shoot well from the foul line. So I guess Hayes and Ben Wallace are also mentally weak? Duncan has won rings, yet you think he's unprofessional because of his free-throw deficiencies? Hakeem and Barkley missed their share of free-throws late in their career with the Rockets. If you've been watching Shaq at all, you'd see that the guy doesn't even have a jump shot, so why would you expect to shoot well from the foul line. His hands are huge and he's flat out massive. He's practiced shooting them a bunch and it's just not working for him.

I can't believe the T-Mac hate coming from you. You do realize he's the main reason why we're winning without Yao right? LOL you're actually criticizing him for being unselfish enough to defer to Yao LMAO! A new low for DD. You are so desperate to defend yourself from my posts that you're actually making yourself look worse. You're not working for ESPN are you? That would make sense though, considering those guys don't really know what they're talking about half the time.

Actually I pretty much did try to pick a fight with you. It's not like you're the only poster who has made posts that are utterly incorrect, but you make the same ignorant posts over and over. I could have a high post count like you if I could say any opinion I want to without worrying about backing myself up with real evidence.

Now go ahead and put me on your ignore list. Like I said, it's doing me a favor so I don't have to bother responding to your ignorance. Considering that you've been a fan since the 70's, your lack of basketball knowledge is astounding.

19. Prosun

Prosun Member

Oh... and T-Mac goes 10-11 from the foul line in the Kings game. I'm sure he went from mentally weak to mentally strong and unprofessional to professional within a 24 hour span. Keep up the good work DD :rolleyes:

20. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Is the Video highlights for this game up?? :D